Why should I trust DJI? They don't sell their own stuff!

Reaction score
I was really wanting to buy one of these until I actually tried to buy one....

Why should I purchase anything from DJI? They don't even sell their own products. Unless I missed something while visiting their website, there is no way to buy anything from there. To me, that's a sign. A sign that reads, "give us your money and go **** yourself."

Hmm, I actually buy very little directly from the manufacturer. And given their past history of customer service, I'd much rather purchase through a reliable reseller.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I've never bought a truck from Ford. It's always from a dealer. That's how most big businesses work.

iResq said:
Hmm, I actually buy very little directly from the manufacturer. And given their past history of customer service, I'd much rather purchase through a reliable reseller.

I don't mind buying from mom and pop shops. I do it all the time. But when spending two thousand dollars that I can't replace anytime soon, I would rather buy from the source. That's just me.

jthorstad said:
I've never bought a truck from Ford. It's always from a dealer. That's how most big businesses work.

You can go to ford.com and buy a car from there. Yes, it will come from a dealer. You can buy from Ford. You can't buy from DJI.

Then don't buy a DJI product,............ problem solved.

This is a case where buying from the right vendor is MUCH better than buying from the manufacturer. DJI does not have a good reputation for support. I personally think that the success of the product is more due to the quality of THEIR VENDOR NETWORK and not the support from DJI.

When I had problems with my P2 my vendor (B&H) swapped it out without question. You will NEVER get that kind of support from DJI directly.

You are LUCKY that what you are asking isn't a practical option. Otherwise we would have to read post after post from you complaining about how much DJI service sucks.

Thanks but we have plenty of that stuff around already.

80sKid said:
iResq said:

I don't mind buying from mom and pop shops. I do it all the time. But when spending two thousand dollars that I can't replace anytime soon, I would rather buy from the source. That's just me.

Interesting. Tvs, cameras, appliances, computers, etc, all direct from manufacturer? I bought my phantom from B&H (along with a ton of photography and video gear). Their customer service is topnotch. But to each there own.

80sKid said:
But when spending two thousand dollars that I can't replace anytime soon, I would rather buy from the source. That's just me.

You may want to learn how to save money. That will help you a lot more than owning an RC toy.

I don't see how a company's distribution model should effect your trust in them. I trust my life with Boeing and Airbus about twice a month and have never once bought a plane ticket from either company.

80sKid said:
I was really wanting to buy one of these until I actually tried to buy one....

Why should I purchase anything from DJI? They don't even sell their own products. Unless I missed something while visiting their website, there is no way to buy anything from there. To me, that's a sign. A sign that reads, "give us your money and go **** yourself."

Apparently you missed the "Buy Now" button. Buy all ya want...

2dsfd3p.jpg

80sKid said:
You can go to ford.com and buy a car from there. Yes, it will come from a dealer. You can buy from Ford. You can't buy from DJI.

Actually, as a matter of law in the US, you specifically cannot as you so describe. Manufacturer/dealer relationships are governed under complex federal and state antitrust and dealer franchise laws. Tesla is running into exactly this type of problem trying to sell direct to consumers, and they have to take their case to court on a state by state basis.

This is kind of a strange argument to see being made in this day and age. Where it's actually the business norm, and where retailers like amazon and costco are much more accessible and customer-service focused than a typical overseas manufacturer, I know where I'd rather make my purchases.

But t'a all kind of moot since last I checked you can buy from DJI.com. Problem solved?

80sKid said:

The sale is refered to a local dealer and you buy the car from him. You are not buying directly from Ford. The sale is handled by the dealer and he gets a commission. jthorstad is correct.

I've spent thousands of dollars on Canon camera equipment. Never bought one item directly from Canon. Come to think of it, I didn't buy my GoPro camera from GoPro either. You reasons for not buying DJI are flawed my friend.

LuvMyTJ said:
Apparently you missed the "Buy Now" button. Buy all ya want...

I was about to post the same screenshot. I just went to DJI.com and the "Buy Now" button was probably the first thing I saw.

I bought my P2V directly from DJI in December and have had nothing but positive experiences with their customer service. Twice I've had to send it to their repair facility in LA and both times they did a great job of fixing the problem quickly and communicating with me through the process. (First time was for a blurry camera replacement. Second time was for a few repairs after a crash caused by a poor solder job). The most recent time I contacted them the person I spoke to even told me it was good that I had purchased directly through them because it meant that I'd probably get my Phantom repaired sooner than if I had to go through a dealer and the dealer would have to send it to DJI.

OI Photography said:
BTW does anybody here have the direct purchase link for Kellogg's? The only place I can find Fruit Loops is at local stores :/

LOL, nice :lol:

You get better deals and customer support from a company that sells a product because they buy in bulk and have a much better relationship with the manufacture as to you only spending with them one time your not as important as the company that spends say 10,000 a month with them . Just the way it is with a lot of companies and some do not even like to deal with you unless you buy in bulk ..like said above i would not buy directly from DJI
GL!

OI Photography said:
BTW does anybody here have the direct purchase link for Kellogg's? The only place I can find Fruit Loops is at local stores :/

Way ahead of you... on hold with customer services of the milk manufacturer right now :D

cow.png

DJI is a Chinese company. That's why their manuals are in broken English. If I wanted to buy direct from them I'd fly to China and go to their headquarters. I personally prefer buying from B&H.

Mike

DeweyAXD said:
OI Photography said:

Way ahead of you... on hold with customer services of the milk manufacturer right now :D

cow.png

Excellent! Ask them to explain themselves and their shady business model :x

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj