Why Rotorpixel when you could do this?

Because by the time I bought the 3D printer, the control board, motors, wiring, learnt how to solder and put the hours in to do all of the above, calibrated the gimbal controller from scratch, installed the required power take-off and servo control from the Vision and finally got it all working I reckon I could have bought about 6 Rotorpixels and had them all delivered before I was done! :D

Seriously, though, I love it when people use their skills and experience to come up with their own custom solutions and can build them from the ground up. Wish I had the skills, time, equipment and workspace to do stuff like that.

edis said:

3D printing really snuck up on me. I'd heard about it for a while, of course. But here it is. Fairly inexpensive and there's almost no limit to what you can produce, other than scale. There are also companies out there producing work with 3D printing using metallic substances. This scares the crap out of my toolmaker son, since there are many things you can print that there is absolutely no way to create, in one piece, otherwise. My OCD will demand I buy one of these things sooner or later... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj