Why P3 Pro and why 4K

Reaction score
Long story but I'll try to make it short, I went with the pro version because I thought one day I'll have a 4K tv, so I always shoot in 4K, I saved all my 4K raw videos in a 2tb portable hd, then I always make a 1080p video out of them to play on my regular 1080p tv since I didn't have a 4K tv. Then the other day I went to walmart and I saw a 55" 4K tv (LG 55" 4K smart tv) for 523$ that I couldn't resist, took it home and plugged my 2tb hd to the tv's USB port and it plays all my saved 4K videos beautifully just like that, plug and play, I'm glad I went with the p3p because it blows 1080p away, it's almost night and day.

So I guess what I'm trying to say it's that you don't have to spend a lot of money to be 4K ready, all it took for me it was to just record in 4K all my videos and save them to a portable hd or USB thumb drive and then just one good 4K tv deal and play them all. I would tell you to run and get this tv but when I found out about it, they were selling them to make room for new models so I'm not sure if they are going to be anymore left, but if interested check your local walmarts for availability because it's well worth the money

P.S. This specific tv works with your 4K phantom videos
LG 55" 4k UHD LED smart tv model: 55UF6450
so there is no confusion

Last edited:
Reactions: Chasbro
Recording and playing back is fine. It's when you decide to become the next Spielberg and want to add a few beats in your 5 minute video clip that you later want to upload to FaceTube. A decent spec Rig/PC is needed to handle the 4K editing and rendering. You will find the most expensive thing will be time.

Not sure the point of this post.

You can (if you have a decent video editor) record all you want in 4k, edit the shiz out of the videos then simply just export to both 4k AND 1080p. Not sure why you don't do that????

This does a few things - It makes editing videos easier as you remember your shots and what you wanted to capture and focus on. It also frees up a LOT of space! Instead of paying for all that storage space & having to filter through ALL those files - you simply have beautifully created videos to share in both HD and 4k :) All while saving storage space for more videos!!

No one likes a guy who saves all their raw video files and just hot shares em... gets real boring, real fast. Plus makes editing later on even more challenging.

...I'm waiting for 5K. My macbook pro supports 5k and I can't wait!! However my pocket book can wait before dropping $3k for two 5k monitors to toy with LOL

I have a decent computer to edit 4K videos and do all sorts of editing with them, space is cheap now of days, 2tb hd for way under 100$, this isn't a tutorial in what to do with your videos and how to edit them, the point of this post is for those people who are debating whether to get an advance over the pro because they think you need to spend another fortune just to watch 4K videos, with this set up you just transfer your videos to a portable hard drive or usb drive simply plug to the tv and watch, simple

Oh.. well I offered advice on how to better manage all that 4k content ;)

Plus you also need to remember that you bought ONE TV. Your two devices work okay for YOU. Someone MAY take your advice and go buy a VIZIO 4K tv, plug their USB external drive into it and PLOP - nothing happens. So don't be so quick to jump the gun for those folk you're talking to who are buying something with a small budget in mind.

No one likes a guy who saves all their raw video files and just hot shares em... gets real boring, real fast. Plus makes editing later on even more challenging.
I like saving all my raw videos and and share them with the family, I don't get bored, not sure I'll ever will, and no one I've showed my videos has been bored, not sure where you get the no one part, it takes me 10 seconds to date and rename a video so I know exactly where whatever video I choose to edit at a later time, so to me it isn't challenging at all, but I respect your opinion

Plus you also need to remember that you bought ONE TV. Your two devices work okay for YOU. Someone MAY take your advice and go buy a VIZIO 4K tv, plug their USB external drive into it and PLOP - nothing happens. So don't be so quick to jump the gun for those folk you're talking to who are buying something with a small budget in mind.
Yes, I remember that I just bought just 1 4K tv, I also said that this specific tv plays all the p3 pro files, in my post never said to go buy just any tv, I said to ask me for the specific model that I got I know plays them fine, in this case you are jumping the gun assuming I said just any tv

Yes, I remember that I just bought just 1 4K tv, I also said that this specific tv plays all the p3 pro files, in my post never said to go buy just any tv, I said to ask me for the specific model that I got I know plays them fine, in this case you are jumping the guy assuming I said just any tv

You imply that anyone can buy a 4k tv and that it should work. Which bounces back to my first post of not quite understanding what the point of your post (thread) was.

You really didn't provide any specifics other than you don't need to spend much to watch 4k content. Which is why you should go with a PRO. Again.. you implied that thought.

Not trying to split hairs.. I'm on your side as I agree with you. Just not sure where the disconnect is to be honest.

Recording and playing back is fine. It's when you decide to become the next Spielberg and want to add a few beats in your 5 minute video clip that you later want to upload to FaceTube. A decent spec Rig/PC is needed to handle the 4K editing and rendering. You will find the most expensive thing will be time.
You are absolutely right about this, I just meant this post for the folks who just wanna record and go home and watch and enjoy their videos at home, edit-less

...so why not just post up the model number? Why are you being so secretive?

Is your post trying to tell people they don't need to spend a lot to enjoy 4k or are you telling them what 4k tv works well with 4k playback off an external drive (while hiding the model number)??????

Come on, man.

...so why not just post up the model number? Why are you being so secretive?
I just posted what specific tv and model number so people like you who don't read the whole post doesn't assume any tv would work with 4k videos lol, it's no secret and no mystery just didn't think I was gonna defend my post this much lol

My post is trying to tell people they don't need to spend a lot to enjoy 4k and I'm telling them what 4k tv works well with 4k playback off an external drive with this particular tv, do I make sense to you know my friend?

Reactions: Nolo-watt
I just posted what specific tv and model number so people like you who don't read the whole post doesn't assume any tv would work with 4k videos lol, it's no secret and no mystery just didn't think I was gonna defend my post this much lol

I read your whole post. Which is why I was trying to get answers because I was a bit confused at what exactly you were trying to get at. I also chimed in to offer helpful advice on how to manage video content.

And I didn't assume anything. Hell, a 55" tv is too small to begin with! You need at least a 70" to enjoy 4k content! ...nevermind that was a myth lol **** internet.

I was just a bit confused. Good thing you added the model number in your post tho. That may help some folk out looking for a good deal on an LG unit that's priced where VIZUI tvs are! I'm personally more a Samsung fan over LG. But both are top notch and you really can't go wrong with either company based on overall specs! A 65" curved is my next toy.. should make for some interesting UAV viewing :)

Yes the bigger the better, but then again you wouldn't find a 65" or bigger tv, specially not a OLED samsung 4K tv for under 600, 55" is a good size for the master bedroom for the average folk I would think :cool:

Reactions: Reed L
Now you're just getting weird..

......You don't jerk off while watching your 4k UAV content.. do you?? :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31