Why not stay in "Phantom" mode?

robininni said:
Big Ben said:
Only one example of the many benefits of NAZA mode and IOC:

When I want to make some shots from high up I always switch to Course Lock. Then I can switch to ATTI to remove the tilted horizon resulting from Position Hold and let it drift with the wind while panning.

Why would the camera give a tilted horizon with a 3 direction stabilized gimbal? Are you talking about a non "+" vision? If so, I would agree that would be useful, but not so much with an Vision +. This is the Vision+ forum. Am I missing something?

Big Ben, not sure but....
Go in your phone app and UNCHECK the FPV option.
FPV setting is on out of the box. This will lock to gimbal relative to the Phantom.
Turn it off so the gimbal will lock relative to the horizon.

And NAZA-M all day!!!
DJI wants us to learn on Phantom mode to understand orienteering and they want to minimise mistakes for new RC flyers. This makes valid sense.
Can you imagine the amount of new flyers forgetting to check the S1 and S2 switches before flight?? How many people freaking out seeing their phantom fly sideways??

I've decided to go manual rather than failsafe RTH on the right switch. If NAZA is the brains then it controls GPS, GPS ATTI, GPS RTH. Rather risk a downed phantom than a lost one. And turning off the Tx also triggers failsafe RTH.

Re: Why not stay in

IrishSights said:
Robin, for goodness sake we all know your opinion, you dont have to keep repeating it every time someone puts forward a very valid case as to why personally they prefer to use naza mode. You have made your point as have others. There is no universal rights or wrongs here just differences...which is great. Let it go.

BTW. Implying being in naza mode is more problematic for dji is downright reckless. Prove that one. You are verging on being trollistic now. IMO

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

What's for 'goodness sakes'? I am not repeating myself any more than you are. I have stated different aspects of my opinion in each post.

I don't care for the authoritative demeanor you compose your posts with. You come across as a know-it-all with a bent toward belittling others. Slapping an 'IMO' at the end of attacks doesn't make it okay. You should work on that.

I tried home lock this evening. I expected the Phantom to stop once home but it just carried on. I guess this is normal but I thought I'd check.

If Naza mode is not for you then don't use it. Simples. Choice is a wonderful thing.

RPA said:
I tried home lock this evening. I expected the Phantom to stop once home but it just carried on. I guess this is normal but I thought I'd check.

Remember when it gets to within 10m it reverts to course lock.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
And I believe it stays in CL even when you go outside the 10m circle again so you need to flick S2 again to get the mode you want.

Re: Why not stay in "Phantom" mode?

Big Ben said:
Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
And I believe it stays in CL even when you go outside the 10m circle again so you need to flick S2 again to get the mode you want.

Thanks both. That's what it did so all is well.

Thanks.

Why not stay in "Phantom" mode?

Since I'm seeing a lot of low satellite signals for some reason I've got to ask.

If it's anything other than solid green, or drops to less than 6, as it makes its way back then what happens?

Re: Why not stay in

RPA said:
Since I'm seeing a lot of low satellite signals for some reason I've got to ask.

If it's anything other than solid green, or drops to less than 6, as it makes its way back then what happens?

Per the manual, p. 42:

The Phantom will automatically descend during the Failsafe process if there are less than 6 GPS satellites detected for more than 20 seconds.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4