why not fly IOC Homelock all the time?

Reaction score
Home Lock seems to be such a perfect because intuitive way to fly since left is always left, right always right, etc...

However I understand that it is not what more advanced users like to do.

I am just curious to know why?
Is there less control over the aircraft?
Is it less responsive?

Just curious as I'm about to take first flight

xavpil said:
Home Lock seems to be such a perfect because intuitive way to fly since left is always left, right always right, etc...

Is it less responsive?

Because 'Backwards' or right stick back/down in 'Home Lock' will direct the a/c to move directly towards the take-off or Home point regardless of nose direction or orientation.

(Home point can be reassigned anytime after take-off but that is a different lesson).

Home lock can be useful at times, but I think it's actually a bit slower when you're bringing it back in. As for using ioc, it can be helpful at times, but I'd rather just fly without it.

I have fpv so if I have orientation issues I can rotate until I see the diamond from my iosd and bring it back that way. I have IOC configured but I never used HL yet. My understanding of HL was that it would come back to your position and circle the home point.

It doesn't circle per se, it switches to Course lock once within 10 meters of the currently saved Home point.

But again, Home lock, makes true reverse (i.e. referenced to forward) impossible.

xavpil said:

Is it less responsive?

It's useless for normal flying because you can't fly in any direction other than directly towards or away from your take-off point, or in a circular arc around it. It would be like driving a car that could any make right-angle turns.

i actually think that for filming, Course lock is the way to go. This way I can concentrate on where to point the camera. What do you think?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31