Why my P2V gone down?

Reaction score
Hi Pilots!

So, i have a P2V with a stock transmitter, two coverleaf antenna on the bird, and a 2D gimbal, i bought it used.
Circumstances:
No wind
K-Index:1
Compass calibration before the flight
GPS mode

I elevated the bird to 336m (1100 feet) the distance from me was 120m (390 feet), everythnig was fine except i feeled it elevating slower than before, but i just used my carbon prop first time (cause i broke the original one, and i don't have spare, just a carbons). So when i arrived to 1100 feet i tried to see down with my camera and the drone gone crazy like if she lost her balance (3:20 in the video). I started to descend with a slow forward and it is stabilized for a moment it said control signal lost but after it the sign is gone and i don't get the return to home message, when i was 100 feet i try to rotate it but it doesn't work i wander is it in rth mode but not because it not descending above the home point, os the rotate isn't work but as i see the roll is worked. The field where it descend was 15 feet higher than me (the home point), when it was above this field 30 feet i tried to stop but it doesn't do anything just continue the descend with that high speed not with the rth landing speed(6:00 in the video).

What could be the problem?

Thanks for your input!

The video is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc0CuDV_KO8&feature=youtu.be

Did you try using the OEM DJI plastic props to compare the performance? If not, that might be a worthwhile test.

I didn't compared it because i broke the dji ones before, but as almost every opinion sais in the internet, not worth it because much more sensitive.

TheCif said:
the drone gone crazy like if she lost her balance (3:20 in the video)
It looks like the remote controller connection was connecting and disconnecting a few times in a row -- which confused your Phantom.

TheCif said:
when it was above this field 30 feet i tried to stop but it doesn't do anything just continue the descend with that high speed not with the rth landing speed(6:00 in the video)
It looks like you were in VRS at this point -- since your Phantom was wobbling. To prevent this, don't allow the RTH feature to land for you. Once your Phantom makes it back to your home point (or is within sight), toggle the S1 switch to the middle and back to the top to take control back.

I have not been able to get more than 500 feet elevation without losing control signal. Granted the few times I tried it was directly above me. I am thinking if I get a couple hundred feet between me and the Phantom then go up passed 500 I would retain signal with no loss. Mine went into RTH a couple of times when I was doing this. Both times when I got down to about 200 feet I was able to regain control toggling the S1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.