Why motor broke

Reaction score
Hi,

3 of the motor on my DJI Phantom is not working properly. It's not spinning smoothly. It cannot fly. There is no crash or anything. It's just happen.

My question is:
1) What is the most possible cause for this?
2) How can I repair this other than replacing the motors?
2) Is there any way on how to take care of the motors to prolong it's life?

alhazen said:
Hi,

3 of the motor on my DJI Phantom is not working properly. It's not spinning smoothly. It cannot fly. There is no crash or anything. It's just happen.

My question is:
1) What is the most possible cause for this?
2) How can I repair this other than replacing the motors?
2) Is there any way on how to take care of the motors to prolong it's life?

You have to unasembly and check if it is the motor (no guess), but the bearings may be damaged or bad sitted on their sockets. Check and reply...

Hi Jumanoc,

Thanks for your reply.

I already open the motor, but I can't see anything unusual. The wiring is also intact.

If the motor is simply broke or unusable, I can accept it, but I want to know why can this happen or what should I do to prevent it from happening again. I am really new in this field, and I have no clue at all. Please help.

Thank you.

alhazen said:
Hi Jumanoc,

Thanks for your reply.

I already open the motor, but I can't see anything unusual. The wiring is also intact.

If the motor is simply broke or unusable, I can accept it, but I want to know why can this happen or what should I do to prevent it from happening again. I am really new in this field, and I have no clue at all. Please help.

Thank you.
Currently, motors don't "break", must cases are the bearings issue or shaft bent because a crash. If decided, carefully remove bearings and try manual truns for deep check. Also try interchanging bearings themselves (top - bottom). Other issues were solved that way...
Motors should work only with standar cleaning and sometimes oiling the bearings. If "clank - clank" or scratchy noise appears, replace bearings and check, if sounds stay, just replace motor.

Jumanoc,

I already check, the shaft is OK. But I can't remove the bearing to check, it's very hard to remove it. I'll try again later. I'll inform you the result. Thanks so much for your help.

What type of oil do you use and what's the procedure for accomplishing this?

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for your reply and tips.

I can't buy the replacement bearing in my area. I need to order that bearing and it will takes about 2-4 weeks. I'll try to change the bearing and the oiling later. But for now, I have to choose the faster option available in my area - change the motors.

But, thanks for your tips, I will try to learn how to change the bearing and lubricate the motor later.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj