Why lock the Inspire thread?

Reaction score
I understand that Adam is trying to get everyone to use the new forum but I for one won't be using a completely different forum just for one product (that I don't own / won't be buying) but I would still like somewhere on here to talk about it at least. Seems a strange decision to lock that thread.

I agree some of these mods are lock happy if that's what your going to do at least put a link .
To be honest that bird dose nothing for me got the emails this morning way overpriced for about the same flight time I get now .
Anyhow this thread will be locked too :roll:

I don't like the idea but this is a phantom forum. if it was a dji forum I guess it would be ok. but we do have zenmuse ( not a phantom ) category and an other DJI multi-rotors category, so not a phantom either!!?? it is more likely to do with the fact that DJI weren't happy with some folks posting early and stole some thunder so the mods folded???? easy way to find out is for everyone to duplicate their inspire threads in the other dji multi-rotor category and see if they stay????

Why was it locked you ask?
First of all, did you notice who posted it?
As the moderator, he can lock his own posts all he wants.
I don't always agree with some locking, like duplicated title names even though content is different.
I think there should be a poll taken of the users to see if discussion of the Inspire is to be included or not.
Perhaps even create a forum specifically for the inspire.

I personally love the **** thing and drool over it.
I may even get one.

I noticed on the app, that DJI took my advice and put the basic control symbols on the side rather than at the top.
Now if zenmuse would only release a gimbal with full panning capability for the phantom.

Yup, it's Adam's 'sandbox'.

But why not merge them into a DJI centric community?

What happens with the next model down the road?
More splintering of the users.

As for Adam's little sandbox, I posted the following: "Way back when the P1 made it's first appearance I have been an avid follower of Phantompilots.com. I am now into my second generation of Phantoms and soon perhaps a third. As for this site (his new one), I see it as superfluous, unneeded and redundant. Just one more place to "bookmark" and hunt for. It's like the leprosy of social media sites, all feeding off each other and contributing little it anything."

Yeah why is my thread locked I just put it up there in general discussion because as phantom users its a good forum for anyone to discuss if this product from dji is your next step in your evolution as a pilot just the other day there was someone asking is there anything better than a phantom. ? And suddenly it turned into a husban discussion now I come to this site to read and talk about phantoms from dji and any other related products they create .

I think its redundant.
Could've just redirected the domain to the Inspire thread.

Btw. with tax the price in Europe is close to $3600 (1 tx), getting into pro multirotor price territory.

Fyod said:
I think its redundant.
Could've just redirected the domain to the Inspire thread.

I'm afraid I have to agree. I don't want to go to another site just to post about Inspire. I like this site, I know the people, and I want discourse that's not mutually exclusive with the Phantom. There are many comparisons to be made. If it succeeds in becoming popular then fine, but I'm not going to help it. These forums have a "DJI Other" sub-forum, so why not Inspire? Ridiculous, IMO. Redirect the Inspire URL.

For me the inspire 1 is a little outside a price range I feel comfortable with I would entertain a 2,000 $2,300 range. I believe this is And will be a second generation product inspire 2 think will be the seller. And product will have a chance to find comfortable point of sale price.

Just my two cents and that's probably all it's worth.

N017RW said:

100% agree. I think "DJIPilots.com" would make more sense. I honestly like the new forum, but I don't like switching sites often if I have to. Especially when my post count doesn't roll-over to the other sites. :lol:

N017RW said:

What happens with the next model down the road? More splintering of the users.

I agree with you 100% --- this discussion board should be renamed "DJI Multirotor Pilots.com" :p

I have zero interest in the Inspire right now, but that may change in the future (esp. if the batteries are cheap and interchangeable 4K cameras like GoPro Hero 4 are offered). It's too cumbersome to switch back-and-forth between different websites, esp. since some of us actually will be upgrading to the Inspire and will probably keep our Phantoms as backup birds. Plus, many of us in here know each other like friends and we'd prefer to keep the discussions going in one unified forum regarding Phantoms, Inspires, and whatever other kind of over-priced products our beloved Chinese dynasty DJI throws our way. :mrgreen:

So lemme hear an informal vote --- should they rename this place "DJI Multirotor Pilots.com" ??? ;)

While I still feel that same as my earlier postings it may be too late or not possible.

Has anyone checked to see if the domain name is available?
(I have not)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj