Why isn't the FPV app with the goggles popular?

I am very interested and have read all of this thread three times.....so I am still confused ...like maybe a few here.

So you can use this app with out needing the DJI Go app to fly....just pick one and stay with it through the flight...?
Will all flight data still be recorded in the same format as DJI Go

You do not need the goggles to take advantage of this app and all it offers.......?

...and you can use this with any FPV goggle....?

..I am only flying with iPad mini 2 and NO phone capability...I am a droid guy but will not use with with my P3P

This confused me a bit....I am not a computer geek at all...a bit old but learning...took me three days to get the files into healthy drones :eek::oops:

You can delete, import and export flights logs to CSV file for third-party application (such as DashWare) for further manipulation.

I'll make a video for you guys as soon as the little one goes to bed. Stay tuned! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'll make a video for you guys as soon as the little one goes to bed. Stay tuned! [emoji4]

Sweet...and huge for us not so inclined to understand.....and V/r

I absolutely love the fpv camera app with the goggle feature. The head tracking is cool and the fact that I can jam my iPhone 6+in a $10 Reitech VR goggle is great.

Sadly I'm one of those guys who loves the Dji Go app and its flight recorder with its profile and achievement badges.

Because of this, I won't use the other apps. I plug it in to briefly show my friends how cool it is and then switch back to the DJI Go app.

I plan to add a hdmi module and possibly make myself a headplay style goggle

Video made. Going to work on uploading in a few mins

I see a lot of people until now opening threads on how to se FPV goggles such as the VR box and asking about litchi or ways to split the screen. I even see people buying those over priced Google cardboard boxes for $20 lol

I have been using the FPV app with goggle mode for about 6 months now. It's an amazing experience and makes flying and shooting footage so much easier. I use a pair of China made goggles similar to the VR box I found on eBay for $15. I fit my iPhone 6 in there and launch the FPV app and it's gets going. The giggle mode was an extra add on that cost a few bucks but it's really worth it and I really love it. I just don't see much talk about it, not sure if people are completely unaware of it.

The app itself is very functional and allows you to rotate the camera using ur head which is pretty cool, also allows you to customize the telemetry. It also has a map on the bottom left that shows you which way you are pointing your RC. I seriously give this app 5 stars. I really hated flying using my iPhone mounted with the sunlight in my face. What do you guys think?
What app are you referring to? I have iPhone 6plus but have never used the box or FPV app. I'm interested to try it. Please let me know what I need.

I flew for the first time today with the VR box using the 3D fpv app(head tracking, which is unreal) for p3a/p3p and i1, but I was a little nervous and concerned. Not being able to see my bird in it's entirety while flying scared the $?!+ out of me. I flew with it on for about 3 minutes then I took it off. I guess it takes some getting use to.

I flew for the first time today with the VR box using the 3D fpv app(head tracking, which is unreal) for p3a/p3p and i1, but I was a little nervous and concerned. Not being able to see my bird in it's entirety while flying scared the $?!+ out of me. I flew with it on for about 3 minutes then I took it off. I guess it takes some getting use to.
Quick question. I'm assuming when using this setup that the phone doesn't need to be attached to the RC?

Quick question. I'm assuming when using this setup that the phone doesn't need to be attached to the RC?
I'm using iPhone 6plus lighting cord connect to your phone which is in your VR box
On the inspire pilots page, this app was the one app that was highly recommended 3d-with-any-camera 3D FPV. Majority agreed it was the smoothest and less latency than litchi or FPV app. Again, that's what was said... I never tried those so that's the reason why I purchased 3D fpv

it connects to the phone and to the TX, just like you would normally do...

I'm using iPhone 6plus lighting cord connect to your phone which is in your VR box
On the inspire pilots page, this app was the one app that was highly recommended 3d-with-any-camera 3D FPV. Majority agreed it was the smoothest and less latency than litchi or FPV app. Again, that's what was said... I never tried those so that's the reason why I purchased 3D fpv

My only concern with this one is that it doesn't appear to have many OSD options. But, haven't tried it first hand so I don't know. It's cheap enough to give it a shot.

Made a video of my setup and its uploading now. I'll have it posted tonight.

My only concern with this one is that it doesn't appear to have many OSD options. But, haven't tried it first hand so I don't know. It's cheap enough to give it a shot.

It has telemetry, and a screen recorder, however it doesn't have a map... The developer is prompt to respond to questions and they seem to be updating the app frequently.

Cool! I'll take a look when you have it up.

It has telemetry, and a screen recorder, however it doesn't have a map... The developer is prompt to respond to questions and they seem to be updating the app frequently.

Cool! I'll take a look when you have it up.

Sounds like they are off to a good start. I'll definitely keep my eye on it. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Bigdz

What are OSD options. On screen ???

Great video!! Thank you for clearing everything up!!

Can we yaw the phantom by rotating our head left and right or can I only control the camera by tilting ?

What good vr goggles for a Samsung s7 edge ? This sounds right up my alley.. any suggestions would be appreciated

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik