Why isn't everything in the box?!!!!

Reaction score
Pretty upset right now, maybe my own fault, idk, but I need some help figuring this **** out.

I got my Phantom 1 about a month and a half ago. From day one everyone tells me I need to get a gimbal. So I paid the $360 and ordered one. Asked a friend to help with install (I'm really new to it all) and he agreed. Got the tools together and started looking for instructions.

No instructions in the box? What The ****?!

Okay, no big deal, went to DJI's website and found a ~3mnt video showing how to install. Watching the video and it shows 2 black boxes that need to be installed inside, but there's only one in the box! Where the hell is the other one that's supposed to have NAZA written on it?

Super confused and unhappy... this thing is double the price of other gimbals, doesn't come with instructions and nowhere does it mention that I need to buy something else separately unless I'm missing something in my order?

This thing is SOooo FAR from being plug and play that it's not even funny.

sounds like my week.
ordered fpv kit this past monday,get kit on thursday,wrong/missing parts,no joy on my one and only day off on sunday.
sucks balls.
oh well,story of my life.

Same fun here. Only I knew about this beforehand, called DJI and explained that I had a newer Phantom with the gimbal control already on the remote and self tightening props, and he said it had the updated board, would require no soldering and would be plug and play.

And of course, it's now. So now I have to find either the PMU unit and deal with the rat's nest or replace my main board. And my phantom was bought at Christmas. You'd really think they would come with this 'new' board already installed by now.

So I'm gonna get a crash course in de-soldering leads and marking lots of locations when I replace the board. I dislike the inconvenience and difficulty level but I far prefer the lighter weight and minimal clutter vs the external units.

Sigh.

The reason the H3-2D doesn't come with the Phantom specific upgrade board is that the gimbal is also for use in other craft which don't need it. Why should people with F550s, S800s etc pay for a Phantom upgrade board in the box that they are just going to put in the bin?
If you had done even a tiny bit of reading on DJI's website, then you would have known about the upgrade board (or PMU V2) requirements.

Makes sense. I knew about it and had done my research. What threw me off was the newer release I have coming with the remote gimbal controller installed led me to believe maybe this was already installed on my phantom (why WOULDN'T they be using this 'new' board by default by now?!?!?!)

Then I actually spoke to DJI customer service who informed me it would be more plug and play than before. I guess he thought I had the Phantom 2.

Oh well. Now to find a board and a solder sucker.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik