Why is there no cruise on the P4?

RPP

Reaction score
Website
www.parrikar.com
Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.

Why is there no cruise option to maintain a constant velocity without having to have the thumb on the stick?

Reactions: KykPhantom
If I understand your question, you can achieve this via way points?

I meant without waypoints or any autonomous flying. Just a basic control (autopilot, if you want to term it that).

That's a disaster waiting to happen in the RC World. Too many people would crash into things or run out of Tx distance too easily. This way you have to work to get out that far LOL.

That's a disaster waiting to happen in the RC World. Too many people would crash into things or run out of Tx distance too easily. This way you have to work to get out that far LOL.

Not at all. It could be implemented as an optional feature that is turned off in the settings menu by default.

Why would you need this?

If I want to send it out over the sea or to a distant mountain where I know there are no obstacles en route, I would like to put it on auto and let it coast while I handle the photography. Would be especially good when paired with Course Lock.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Surely this would be the same a way point, just set where you want the drone to go and away it goes with the added benefit of it stopping where you told it too. The issue I could see with auto pilot is your concentrating on the footage and forget how far it's gone. This is My limited know knowledge as I've only just had it and have tried this function as yet.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: BigAl07
You can just use the tap and fly feature... Simply touch the screen which ever direction you want to fly and it will keep going that way.. You can even adjust the speed at which it flies..

If I want to send it out over the sea or to a distant mountain where I know there are no obstacles en route, I would like to put it on auto and let it coast while I handle the photography. Would be especially good when paired with Course Lock.

I agree it's worth having! These guys have never tried to do a 30,000' flight and hold the stick for a half hour right at 31mph!

DBS did his own version he called "ghetto" cruise! I'm going to copy it. It was with go pro mounts and rubber bands

I've brought this up before when referring to long distance flying. Other than my thumb being in pain holding the right stick forward on those long distance flights, I'm unable to keep it at the most efficient speeds which the distance gurus tout.

What i've been doing now for my distance flights, which is the closest thing to cruise, I to use Tap2Fly. The only thing about that is I can only get 22 mph with it and not the higher speeds which will give me optimal distances.

Reactions: RPP
Some of us use dedicated machines for long range
Ive got a 2m plane to go 100km out
And this does have cruise control
But for the 17minutes you get flying full speed with the p4, not sure
Any feature is good to have, so if dji adds it im all for it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads