Why is the Phantom 4 still expensive?

Reaction score
With the Mavic out producing almost close to quality video as the Phantom 4, any idea why it's still expensive, considering the Mavic is about the same price?

DJI does not usually drop the price of their other aircraft when new unrelated aircraft are released. If you're looking for a break on a Phantom 4, then wait until the Phantom 5 is released.

Reactions: JohnnyB
DJI does not usually drop the price of their other aircraft when new unrelated aircraft are released. If you're looking for a break on a Phantom 4, then wait until the Phantom 5 is released.
Oh makes sense. Can't wait to see what they'll be bringing next!

IIRC, last year, the P3 dropped quite a bit as Christmas approached, and then dropped even more after Christmas.

I've been flipping on the Mavic due to the sundry supply chain delays verses maybe holding off for the Inspire 2 if it has a better camera, or at least 16MP or more and better optics, and maybe being cheaper on the newer version too as they go move through the generation builds.

Dunno.

With the Mavic out producing almost close to quality video as the Phantom 4, any idea why it's still expensive, considering the Mavic is about the same price?

Even if it seems to be close specs-wise to the Phantom, mavic is cheaper in many ways.

For one it benefits from the R&D done for the phantom and other product lines, no magnesium alloy frame, weaker cheaper batteries and motors etc..etc..

Even if it cannibalises some P4 sales, it's a different product line for different audiences, hence a different price point.

As msinger stated, stay tune for holidays pricedrops and the next step for the phantom line to see p4 pricing dropped, even if it dropped significantly already for a product only 6 months old.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So with cold weather and winter coming would you suggest on waiting on buying a p4 till after Christmas or in the spring when a new phantom comes out?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you don't plan of flying/filming/creating much or at all during the winter yeah I'd say wait for sales, see what's coming next, wait for the Mavic to settle in.

I fly during the winter even though opportunities are less weather/lighting-wise.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Or just go to Best Buy and show them the used model from B&H Photo like I did and ask for a price match and get it for $849.95!
That's not very ethical but to each their own.

Reactions: msinger
When a new Honda Civic is introduced, the Honda Accord's price doesn't drop significantly.

Long, long ago when the P4 was introduced (what, six months ago? ;)) the MSRP was $1400. They've already reduced the price by 20%.

Sure you can.
So I went back to Best Buy today to show them that there was an error and I had mistakenly asked for a price match that was actually for a used model. To my surprise they said that it was their error and that they should have checked it out more thoroughly on their end. They didn't do anything to reverse the price match. To make up for my error, and their error, I just bought a new battery and backpack, in which they price matched legitimately and I still saved a few bucks.

You can never go wrong with Best Buy from my experience.

So I went back to Best Buy today to show them that there was an error and I had mistakenly asked for a price match that was actually for a used model. To my surprise they said that it was their error and that they should have checked it out more thoroughly on their end. They didn't do anything to reverse the price match. To make up for my error, and their error, I just bought a new battery and backpack, in which they price matched legitimately and I still saved a few bucks.

You can never go wrong with Best Buy from my experience.
At-a-boy!

Sent from my XT1096 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Very honest of you and very easy to make the mistake you did. I'm sure many people would try that approach to get it cheaper in the first place but remain tight lipped on the forums. It's like when you could exploit the battery offer of but one get one free.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Or just go to Best Buy and show them the used model from B&H Photo like I did and ask for a price match and get it for $849.95!

The lady at Best Buy that sold me my P4, spent 45 minutes finding the lowest prices on everything I bought, and matched it. I was surprised as I did t request it but awesome nonetheless. Got my extra batteries down to $100 ea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan