Why is my video jerky

Reaction score
After exchanging for another at Sams Club this one does the same. Jerky playback on the computer reading off the card. Any ideas? Thanks

Copy the videos to your computer before attempting to play them back. If they are still jerky then, you likely have an issue with your player or your computer is not fast enough.

Hmmmm. I just got back from my computer tech. He thinks all is well with the computer. Downloaded to computer also played through VLC player. Still jerky.

Hmmmm. I just got back from my computer tech. He thinks all is well with the computer. Downloaded to computer also played through VLC player. Still jerky.

Welcome to the forum!

My first impression is the computer. Post a video and or specs on you computer. I had to pick the lowest res on my phantom to play the vids on my android and apple, and my computers still wouldn't play them without being jerky. My wife's laptop was the only thing that would play them.

I needed a new work computer, so since I am at work more then home, or awake hours I had the computer guy set me up with a computer and monitor that would play and edit the highest rez that the standard would put out.

I also quit using VLC and went to a PotPlayer (stupid name, but it plays more exts) and been impressed with it.

http://lifehacker.com/five-best-desktop-video-players-1503859883

Let us know!:)

Rod

nothing is wrong with pc, so tech is correct
however the video and memory and cpu may not be up to date enough to process the very large video files
at times my I7 slows down...
also GOMplayer is free and works great,

simple test--try it on a newer faster pc

Well this was tedious but here is my specs.
specs.png

Many thanks for you comments/suggestions. After changing to 1080 then to 720 at 48fps all is well. Thanks guys.

When I update my computer later I will raise the resolution. Thanks.
Here is another thought, film what every res you want (If its footage that you think you would like to save), then reduce it with a utility like (Free Video Compressor) so you can view it for now. I had to find something to do this because when I first got my P3S, I was taking videos, and nothing would play them.

I had no problem with my P2V, it was driving me nuts.

Rod

Here is another thought, film what every res you want (If its footage that you think you would like to save), then reduce it with a utility like (Free Video Compressor) so you can view it for now. I had to find something to do this because when I first got my P3S, I was taking videos, and nothing would play them.

I had no problem with my P2V, it was driving me nuts.

Rod
Good thought. Allow me to add this. Make a copy of the original first, and store the original away. Then do the down-convert on the copy.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

Good thought. Allow me to add this. Make a copy of the original first, and store the original away. Then do the down-convert on the copy.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk
Yes, actually the utility makes a compressed copy with a new name.

Rod

Ok people thanks for all the earlier replies. I have a problem in that when I set the max altitude then the return to home altitude, I get a box that says " course reversal alt cannot be higher than the alt limit of 0m. I'm setting max alt to 300' and the max return alt of 180'. What goes???

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a problem in that when I set the max altitude then the return to home altitude, I get a box that says " course reversal alt cannot be higher than the alt limit of 0m. I'm setting max alt to 300' and the max return alt of 180'.
Is your Phantom connected to DJI GO?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl