Why doesn't my P3S have a RTH button on the rc?

Utterly STUPID that DJI would eliminate RTH on this version. Wilbur HOMELOCK it's the only way to pull your bird back! I'm dumbfounded at the level of stupidity at this company and the idiots calling the shots especially in a climate that holds uncertainty regarding drones and their safety! Get your head out DJI!
It's not eliminated. It's just invoked via a different method....

Utterly STUPID that DJI would eliminate RTH on this version. Wilbur HOMELOCK it's the only way to pull your bird back! I'm dumbfounded at the level of stupidity at this company and the idiots calling the shots especially in a climate that holds uncertainty regarding drones and their safety! Get your head out DJI!
I think it's beyond doubt from DJI screen shots that RTH has not been eliminated. It operates in the way it always did before the P3 A&P came along.

Oh, I retract my statement then. I really couldn't imagine with all this negative press lately that they would release a version without this failsafe.........

Reactions: iquadtography
Sounds like you're quite sarcastic and upset you ordered the wrong thing. Here's what DJI has on their P3S FAQ page.
kExlNf6.png

It's really not that big of a deal as you can still trigger RTH with your controller. Others have suggested you turn off the controller if needed, but RTH should be rarely used, and that's what you did with the P2 and P1's. . I've only had to use it once in my 3-4 years of flying Phantoms but that's how you triggered RTH.

Also, the screenshot you posted shows that it does have RTH via RC. The instructions are in my screenshot. You'll see it lacks several of the other features. It's also more than an .20cent button. The RC for the P3A/P are completely different.
I appreciate your candid attitude towards my experience. Not yours. Do you own a 800$ P3S or fly one primarily? Maybe you mistake sarcasm for facts sir!

I appreciate your candid attitude towards my experience. Not yours. Do you own a 800$ P3S or fly one primarily? Maybe you mistake sarcasm for facts sir!

I've owned the P1, P2, and now P3P. You originally asked "Why doesn't my P3S have a RTH button on the RC? It was advertised as such. Was this false advertising?"

The FACT, sir, is DJI's site clearly shows that it IS there via a toggle switch, and their page )seen here: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-standard/feature) clearly shows it's a fancier version of the P1/P2 RC and not the P3A/P/Insire RC.

Sir if your tablet goes down how might one utilize these on screen features?
In the case of your P3S, as noted earlier if your tablet or the app shuts down you can initiate RTH by toggling the S2 switch back and forth at least twice. RTH can be terminated by toggling the S1 switch once. P3A or P3P owners can press the RTH button. Very simple, and you should practice it so you are familiar when (not if) an emergency situation arises.

You can also just turn off your RC to initiate RTH, but that would be a last resort. Still, its a way to do it without your tablet or the app since that is what you asked.

Obviously with the P3S, there are some functions that you are not able to use without the app and those have been clearly outlined for you in the thread.

Reactions: JoBe
I've owned the P1, P2, and now P3P. You originally asked "Why doesn't my P3S have a RTH button on the RC? It was advertised as such. Was this false advertising?"

The FACT, sir, is DJI's site clearly shows that it IS there via a toggle switch, and their page )seen here: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-standard/feature) clearly shows it's a fancier version of the P1/P2 RC and not the P3A/P/Insire RC.
Great. Lets make this knowledge known to all that ask if they should buy a Standard please.

Correction - It sort of does as the top Left silver toggle switch (S2) is a RTH switch you toggle it a couple of times to initiate a Smart RTHome ... where you can steer it using the TX as it flies back to avoid any obsticles, it just dosent have a neat symbol. :)

RTH is already activated

Roger that Paris. Although these are both issue that I wanted to ensure got posted for the "beginners" drone. If it is a beginners drone maybe there should be some beginners facts?

Thanks Simon and Meta but unfortunately you are incorrect. It was not made clear at time of purchase. The Rc supplied is nothing even close to the Pro/Adv. But, I see your point. I should have not assumed that paying 800$ for this item I should have a simple .20cent piece of plastic button. Gosh. What was I thinking?

Its not just a 20 cent button. Its molding a second hole in the Tx, extra wiring more software code, Besides its a lower price point product. Take it for what it is.

Reactions: Fplvert

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1