Why doesn't my P3S have a RTH button on the rc?

Think you miss read it was never advertised with the RTH button on the tx, that I've seen, just on the app :)

The Advanced or Pro versions have the RTH button on the Tx.
If you have the Standard, they don't and have never been advertised as having it.

The P3S does not have a button, but you can initiate RTH by toggling the S2 switch back and forth at least twice. RTH can be terminated by toggling the S1 switch once.

Thanks Simon and Meta but unfortunately you are incorrect. It was not made clear at time of purchase. The Rc supplied is nothing even close to the Pro/Adv. But, I see your point. I should have not assumed that paying 800$ for this item I should have a simple .20cent piece of plastic button. Gosh. What was I thinking?

It was not made clear at time of purchase.
Like everything in this hobby -- it takes a lot of research. If you don't want to research and learn, then this is probably not a hobby for you.

I suggest the phantom pilots forum owner add a P3S section to this board since the product is so different. Is there a moderator out there that can forward this suggestion to consider?

Reactions: iquadtography
MSing it was sarcasm. I am quite the researcher. But is it far fetched to think 800$ and you don't get a push button? Is uniformity not important to the accessories market? As you can see this is causing some arse pain and it truly is unnecessary.

For $800, the P3S is a great value. You don't need a button on the remote controller. The toggles work just fine. I've done it many times with my P2V+.

MSing it was sarcasm. I am quite the researcher. But is it far fetched to think 800$ and you don't get a push button? Is uniformity not important to the accessories market? As you can see this is causing some arse pain and it truly is unnecessary.

you could have bought the P3V with the button.

There has to some differences between the standard and the advanced...

Thanks Simon and Meta but unfortunately you are incorrect. It was not made clear at time of purchase. The Rc supplied is nothing even close to the Pro/Adv.
I think that you are the one that's mistaken.
Right from the start DJI showed pics of a P2 style Tx for the Standard.
Have a look at this page and you'll see three pics of it.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-standard/feature
i-VCSzvqh-L.jpg

I suggest the phantom pilots forum owner add a P3S section to this board since the product is so different. Is there a moderator out there that can forward this suggestion to consider?
I agree and have called for this myself. The P3S has always been advertised with a much different RC and it doesn't have lightbridge. It's much too easy to give incorrect advice to someone who is not clear about having a P3S since this forum has been exclusively P3P/P3A from the start.

Reactions: atki
I think having no RTH on the remote is the least of your worries. The Old style remote has none of the camera controls; tilt control, still photo, video, or view catalogue. Also it uses the old style wifi video link rather than lightbridge. On the phantom itself you haven't got the new optical positioning thingy on its bum which is a boon for anyone flying up a tunnel or into a forest - assuming you have X-ray vision to maintain line of sight!

Still - it costs less so it's a subjective measurement of whether this is clever or false economy.

You should return it and buy the advanced. The standard model is a huge waste imo.

I've just noticed that the Vision 2+ has been discontinued, so it looks like the P3S is simply an upgrade with a better battery, motors and camera. There are probably other improvements as well (but not RTH on the remote).

Also, on the same DJI page, via DJI Go, it shows that waypoints etc are available for the P3A and P3P - but that's another long and tedious story!

it shows that waypoints etc are available for the P3A and P3P - but that's another long and tedious story!
Those features are available via the SDK. That's what DJI's feature page is advertising. No?

Reactions: Options
Anyone know? It was advertised as such. Was this false advertising?

Why doesn't the P3S have the RTH button on the Tx? Because it costs $799 and they need to make cuts somewhere. Cheap Tx is a start.

Reactions: Options
Correction - It sort of does as the top Left silver toggle switch (S2) is a RTH switch you toggle it a couple of times to initiate a Smart RTHome ... where you can steer it using the TX as it flies back to avoid any obsticles, it just dosent have a neat symbol. :)

Those features are available via the SDK. That's what DJI's feature page is advertising. No?
You know that, and I know that, but according to this DJI co

No!

This is straight from DJI product page. Misleading or what!

image.jpg

Reactions: iquadtography

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers