Why doesnt DJI make better antennas?

Reaction score
If there are so many antenna mods that work so, so well, why doesn't DJI just make better antennas to work as well as those ones at FLPVR or maxxrange or dbs mods?

Probably because the antennas they make are already pretty good and they have to keep an eye on costs.
They could make better but you'd have to pay for it and most users don't need super antennas.
I manage to fly 3.5 kilometres all the time with stock equipment so it's not like the stock antennas are deficient.

I think the main reason is DJI are scared of the media comments.
DJI drone can fly 5 miles great weapon for terrorists.
Why do they make a drone that can fly further than the law allows.
Blah blah blah.
Haven't you noticed that each new model has less range? That is why!

I think the main reason is DJI are scared of the media comments.
That doesn't really stack up.
DJI are proud to produce ready-to-fly drones that fly further than their competitors do.
A P3 or P4 can fly great distance but if you add any terrorist payload, that range would disappear
I noticed that the P3 goes much, much further than the P2 and the P4 goes just as far as the P3 (although some owners are having troubles with theirs)..

Third party antennas also make the remote controller less portable and/or require the antenna to be setup and torn down before/after each flight. Many people are not out to set a distance record, so these would add some unnecessary hurdles for those people.

Reactions: WetDog
That doesn't really stack up.
DJI are proud to produce ready-to-fly drones that fly further than their competitors do.
A P3 or P4 can fly great distance but if you add any terrorist payload, that range would disappear
I noticed that the P3 goes much, much further than the P2 and the P4 goes just as far as the P3 (although some owners are having troubles with theirs)..

Well if that doesn't stack up why does the C controller have less range? Why do you need a 32 channel hack?
And more importantly as already asked "Why don't they use better aerials"?

...why doesn't DJI just make better antennas to work as well as those ones at FLPVR or maxxrange or dbs mods?

Because they result in exceeding the radiation limits for Part15 compliance.

At the risk of the 'drone police' moniker, technically...It's illegal to modify the transmitter without an FCC license.

Last edited:
Reactions: EddieM

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj