Why does playback of content stutter?

Reaction score
Is there a preferred way to convert the MP4 video files off the memory card so that it can play a bit smoother? Granted my pc doesn't have the best video card. My i7 Mac mini plays it fine. Just wanted to see If maybe some of you have a way to prep a file in a little more gpu forgiving format so that it can be easily played on other devices. I.E tablets, google cast and regular laptops that aren't considered gaming certified.

Thanks.

referring to 4k video? dumb it down to 1080, no other option unless you upgrade computers

Yeah I think it's just the old slow gpu in the pc. It's an i5 processor . My Mac mini plays the video flawlessly with an i7

I've started recording in 1080p 60fr as my hd tv doesn't support 4k resolution even when It's been compressed, as for my desktop pc... need a new graphic card.

The 1080p plays on the tv very smooth.

I have a FireTV that I run XBMC on for those that know what that is. The device can play a lot of 1080p stuff no problem but my vidoes taken right off the memory card it seems to play very choppy. Granted though the format of the 1080p movies are all .mkv which I assume is compatible with the Hardware acceleration that FireTV uses but the MP4 is not.

Reactions: RiZe-TommyGun
Have you tried moving the file off the card and onto your computer? You might be experiencing buffering issues off the card.

Search for "potplayer", this player is a bit better than VLC, IMHO, and may do the job.

best regards,

Well I found out that my Amazon FireTV has a limit on how many megabit Video it can play smoothly.. Mostly in the Kpbs range. The video from my P3a is 40Mbps. So kilobytes vs Megabytes. No wonder.

I did copy it to a share on my lan.

I use a Chromebox running openELEC & Kodi 4.2 streaming from a Netgear NAS and it plays 4K just fine. The FireTV is not very powerful, but should handle 1080p OK, must be the MP4 wrapper giving it trouble, did you try the .MOV format? or transcode it.

I use a Chromebox running openELEC & Kodi 4.2 streaming from a Netgear NAS and it plays 4K just fine. The FireTV is not very powerful, but should handle 1080p OK, must be the MP4 wrapper giving it trouble, did you try the .MOV format? or transcode it.

Prior videos I've done were in the .MOV and didn't seem to be much better in playback. The FTV's max Bitrate is 20mbps. I may try encoding it using the handbrake app and set it to a max of 20mbps and see how it looks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31