Why does my video seem choppy and skips.

I just started experiencing this too. Prior to this no problem with my videos, even 4K. Nothing has changed, same computer, same sd card, same settings. I am baffled.

lossless transcoding from 4k to 1080p...

Ummm....lol.... how do you manage that?

When you transcode from 4K to 1080p, you are throwing away more than 6 million pixels which you can never get back! I'd hardly call that lossless!

I am having the same issues with a phantom 4, discontinued version 1. I should indicate it's a refurbished unit. I got it from NewE**, but the video drop out and other flight characteristics make it so different from my phantom 3 that I am growing concerned about it.
It has the latest firmware so, I am just not sure what's up here. Any input on video loss or other comments related to the video issue are greatly appreciated.
Thank you all.

Last edited:
This might be an obvious thing to suggest - but I hope that you're copying the media off of the SD card into a folder on your desktop - or your computers internal hard drive before trying to play it...

If you're trying to play it directly from the SD card - or from an external USB drive, that might be the problem. You'll get the best results by copying it to your computers internal hard drive and then playing it from that location.
Correct.....I had the same problem until I downloaded the video directly to my computer, problem slved.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4