Why does it look like there's so much empty space on the P2 main PCB?

Reaction score
Is there a reason for so much empty space on the Phantom 2 main PCB? Is it okay to mount another board in that empty space? (while of course making sure everything is insulated and secured well with no chance of short anything) I'm considering mounting the "smart" battery board in that empty space for a battery mod so I can use non-DJI batteries, but I'm still considering where to physically mount the board.
p2boardmain-jpg.20342

Attachments

• p2boardmain.jpg
    p2boardmain.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 4,552
Reactions: Duke
Yes that space is available.
It's where I located my Futaba receiver.

Don't let it (the new device) touch the Naza as this can transmit vibrations and such and the Naza has no internal damping for it's IMU.

The other general concern is introducing EMI or other unwanted electrical noise.
Since the battery circuitry is already in use on the quad this is not likely to be an issue.

Reactions: Duke
I noticed that when I got my new P2 a couple weeks ago, more room than my last one I got 2 months back. I mounted my IOSD mini there, Like N017RW stated great spot for mounting other groceries!

~Duke
DSCN9064.JPG

Great information, I got one of the mini GPS tracker, the Trackimo and I think this would probably be a good place for it

I just need to add an extension for the micro usb charger port so I won't have to crack the case to charge it

Matthew

Great information, I got one of the mini GPS tracker, the Trackimo and I think this would probably be a good place for it

I just need to add an extension for the micro usb charger port so I won't have to crack the case to charge it

Matthew

Matt,

Not sure this is a good place for a tracker.
Maybe someone has mounted it there and can 'chime in' but my thoughts are that you may have reception issues (with the Tracker) due to the fact it will be located beneath the P2's GPS PCB as well as the shielding in place below it.

Mounted my datalink in that spot , perfect fit...

Attachments

• Datalink.jpg
    Datalink.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 522

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers