Why does everyone have different ranges

Reaction score
I read stories of 1 mile, 2 miles, etc...On the DJI software it maxes out at 500m gor range...how are you all exceeding that?

I think the 500m you are referring to is altitude limit. The 1mile, 2 mile, 9 mile, etc that is being talked about is distance..
Distance will vary an many variables.
Trees, houses, wifi signals, elevation changes, mods done to the antenna, etc.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I over looked the 500m you posted. That is an elevation limit Dji put in, i believe last year. People were taking their drones up too high, and instead of having the faa possibly putting in more regulation, Dji decided to put an elevation limit. If you want to test the distance, i would go somewhere that has low radio interference and limited population.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Everywhere is different. It depends on many things like location, signal noise in the airwaves, vegetation, moisture, etc. You also need to be able to understand the way the signals travel to and from your quad and how to "work" the TX. Keep experimenting, you'll get it. :)

Is the OP talking about the range limit that you can set (like beginner mode)? If so that limit can be turned off.

Yep, make sure you turn Maximum Range OFF in the Go app. That is limiting your distance to 500m
The way it is worded people might think they are unrestricting distance and not limiting it.

Agreed Luv. It should be renamed/worded in the app

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj