Why does DJI Go app lose cached map?

Reaction score
I'm flying my P3S in areas where I don't have internet access, so I rely on loading the map where I have internet access and the app caching the map. Usually it works, but sometimes when I power on the ipad air 2 at the location with the latest DJI Go App, I find there is no map so I only have the arrows on a gray background until I have internet access again to load the map. Any ideas why it sometimes loses the cached map?

The only times this has occurred for me is when I've not handled the app correctly after I've cached the map. All you have to do it cache it then push the home button. When I reopen it to fly, the map is always available.

Are you powering it off after caching? You infer that by saying "when I power on . . . "
I think you lose the cache by powering off. I always just "put it to sleep".

Reactions: Numone
Yes, I had powered it off. For some reason I thought the app cached so many MB of map data and the map cache would persist even if the device was rebooted...

I always fly in areas without internet access and haven't had a problem with the map. Make sure your cell phone or iPad is DJI compatible and make sure you select the Phantom's WiFi network.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4