why does battery due this on dji go app

Reaction score
flying for distance battery turns red at 62 percent then back to green at 58 percent in video why
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Could it be factoring in wind speed and headwind? It looked like the h/s cut down a smidge just a second. That or the motors had to work just a little harder in the wind?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Turn on
"Show Voltage On Main Screen"
Under "advanced settings"
In the "aircraft battery" settings
That will show you which cell is going too low/in the red
Glad you made it home without your P3P shutting off midair to save the battery.

I'd do as suggested and watch the battery analytic and keep a close eye on that battery.

it happened on two different battery's just weird

That is weird. I noticed when it did it you had just turned back. I think it is the algorithm it is running to figured out if you will make it back.

Reading this brings up a good question. When I fly I've only cared about my battery's charge. Should we all be looking at more to see the health of the battery too? Do we calibrate the batteries? I typically just run them down to 10%-20% and charge them right back up over and over again. I usually fly every 2-3 days or more.

That is weird. I noticed when it did it you had just turned back. I think it is the algorithm it is running to figured out if you will make it back.

that's what I was thinking also

Seems to me it's got too be a cell that dropped. Did u check data yet?

no looked at all battery's show all normal cells

that is what I'm thinking when it hit little h battery went red started rth then battery went green again was trying for 3 miles came close good thing I have good vlos lol

It would make sense seeing it returned to green

yep cause it did it on both runs same thing happened so must just be safety feature to make it back home

flying for distance battery turns red at 62 percent then back to green at 58 percent in video why
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When you flew this vid Sunday, were you using the r/c with the Argtek or DBS.? Thanks. Good video btw. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

dbs

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Note the prior on screen message "Lower charge limit reached". Based on smart return to home calcs, the Phantom is indicating you will be in the red zone by the time you get home, even though the battery still is over 60%. If I remember, you made it home with under 30% battery. As we talked about, turning off smart return to home, you would not get these indicators, but you better know how much juice you need to get home.

Note the prior on screen message "Lower charge limit reached". Based on smart return to home calcs, the Phantom is indicating you will be in the red zone by the time you get home, even though the battery still is over 60%. If I remember, you made it home with under 30% battery. As we talked about, turning off smart return to home, you would not get these indicators, but you better know how much juice you need to get home.

next just have to turn that off always a field to land in

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan