Why do I keep getting weak transmission and poor channel reception

Reaction score
Seems to started when I updated both IOS and GO app recently. It happens on both my iPhone 6+ and on my iPad mini 2. Video keeps cutting out even before I takeoff. And, when I flew today kept getting aircraft disconnected.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ggroyal1117
Have you done any repairs to the gimbal at all or is everything untouched. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No repairs to the gimble; however, once or twice recently I forgot to take the gimble lock off when I turned on the unit.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tried both auto and manual downlink channels with no success .

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the go app

Did that last night... Did not fly yet; however, the signal seemed to stay at good longer when I turned it on ( without taking off). The video transmission still seemed to bounce and flick on and off.

^ I have the same exact problem as you Roaddogg. I was on firmware 1.6. Tried 1.7 & now 1.8. The problem exists in both 2.8.0 & 2.8.2 of the GoApp as I tested both. The problem seems to occur more so when flying. I will either get Weak Signal Transmission or No Signal transmission. Yet the little meter shows full bars. This just started Saturday. This is scary. It's like flying blind. Even if you can see if, it's hard to tell the orientation of it.

I have a work ipad as well that has Go App 2.3 on it. Although you don't get any of the flight stats and gauges, you do get video. It was flawless last night. Didn't cut out at all.

Thanks for the input rotax ... I feel too like it has something to do with the GoApp... Did not have this problem until I updated.

^ I have the same exact problem as you Roaddogg. I was on firmware 1.6. Tried 1.7 & now 1.8. The problem exists in both 2.8.0 & 2.8.2 of the GoApp as I tested both. .
Add 2.8.1 to that.

iOs = 9.3.2
Go App = 2.8.1
A/C = 1.8.80
R/C = 1.6.0

DJI support told me to go to HD and use custom to select CH 13 and Transmission Quality to 4 - 1.86 mi.

Did that. Only able to check in my house [with GPS] and back yard but it's still losing video and the signals are all over the map. Buddy and I are headed north into the NM prairie in the morning for an all day trip to do some photography and we're taking both P3P's to fly some. I'm on Apple, he's on Android. We'll see how it pans out. Frankly, confidence isn't high the P3's will do well.

Disappointing.

Reactions: meissner58
^ Steve, I'm having the same problems here also with my P3P. I have exactly the same firware & app version you do. I tried the channel thing and it doesn't help a bit. I tried every single channel in custom mode.

My old work laptop has Goapp 2.3 on it. Works flawless. Limited to testing only because you don't get any flight stats, battery level, gauges, etc. You do get video though. No a single flicker or drop of video.

It's definitely App/firmware related. Probably both because I remember seeing a message 'Updating Aircraft'

Quite a bit. Chs 13 & 20 weren't as bad as the middle channels but they were all running pretty wild over about 3 or 4 minutes inside and 5 or more outside whle I was moving everything around. Didn't fly but the problem was pretty obvious still.

Rotax, I turned off updating in my iPad Air 2. I'm staying where I am until DJI sorts it for us. It's certain now that they know of the issue and have acknowledged it over on the DJI Forum.

I think when I did the update to 2.8.1 is when mine went south on me.

Hi Steve, Yes I don't think it just 2.8.2 with the problem. I have 2.8.0 on my Samsung S5 and it gave me No Signal for video as well. 2.8.2 is on my iPad Air 2. I'm pretty much SOL. Can't go back into itunes and get older versions. So much for a nice holiday weekend with my P3P.

DJI really needs to get their firmware shi*t figured out.

Unfortunately, I believe tomorrow is going to be disappointing for us as far as the P3's are concerned.

I agree about DJI but in my experience, there haven't really been that many firmware/software issues over the past year and a half so though this is not a good thing, I stand on the side believing they'll get it fixed before long. Biggest issue I think now is, here in the U.S., we're just getting into really decent flying weather and everyone is chomping at the bit to fly - and just running into problems.

Told today by DJI support that the problem resides with GoApp... Tech said that Apple recommends resetting iPad or iPhone to factory settings (after backing up to iCloud) , then restoring data and then re-downloading GoApp AND only running GoApp on one device. This is supposed to be the workaround until resolved (or use Android). I'm going to try that on my iPad mini as I don't have much data on it, but not on my iPhone (just going to delete the app on that). He said last year something similar happened and it took about a month to resolve with app update and firmware update. Good luck everyone! One last thing he said was if not done already... Don't update to most recent iOS... Too late for me!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj