Why did you crash

Ezookiel said:
I'll have to look up what an IMU is and the process for doing and adv IMU

Another one that didn't read the manual or watch the videos :lol:

My only crash so far was this drunken munter who decided it would be a good idea to dance with the quad. After it crashed he then threw it back into the air as though it would magically fly again... :roll:

Attachments

• Munter.jpg
    Munter.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 285
TuT said:
My only crash so far was this drunken munter who decided it would be a good idea to dance with the quad. After it crashed he then threw it back into the air as though it would magically fly again... :roll:

What a bogan... he looks like he is on bath salts.
What part of sydney was that?

crash1sttime said:
Ezookiel said:
I'll have to look up what an IMU is and the process for doing and adv IMU

Another one that didn't read the manual or watch the videos :lol:

It was sold RTF, so I've just been flying it, it didn't say RTFAYRTM (Ready to fly after you read the manual) ;)

Actually, I read the manual, and every document I could find about the P2 before I'd even bought one. I'd also watched hundreds of videos, including ones that listed everything you need to know before your first flight. Many mentioned calibrating the compass, which I did on every flight once I owned a P2, but I must admit that once I finally owned a pretested, preflown, fully RTF quad, I resisted for a very long time downloading the software, because I was sure that if I screwed around with the way the quad had been set up by the builder, that I'd probably stuff it up and stop it working somehow.

I started at 6pm today to download and install the software for the IMU recalibration, and I've only just now finally managed to get the stupid assistant software downloaded, installed, and talking to my P2.
Firstly, the Surface Pro 3, is a pain in the ar... to get software to run on at times, and secondly, the software, even once it's up and running, gives no ideas as to why it won't talk to the P2.
You have to just guess at every possible cause and try that out. In the end, uninstalling the whole bang lot, putting the driver in first, and THEN the Assistant software afterwards, finally got it talking to the quad.

And then the very first thing the software told me, was that the battery in the quad at the time, which hasn't seen more than a dozen flights and has always been recharged at 20% or higher, is apparently no good, and needs to be discarded. But when I put that battery back in later, it gave no errors. So now I don't know if that battery is any good or not. Not impressed.

But the IMU recalibration is now done.

Oh, and I was wrong about the quad moving sideways when yawing, it was moving FORWARD when yawing, which of course made it go sideways in whichever direction it was being rotated.
I had to go fly it after work today to recheck which way it was that it was misbehaving. Hopefully it's now fixed, but it took so long to get it all working and done, that it's now too dark to go do a test fly.

Mako79 said:
TuT said:

What a bogan... he looks like he is on bath salts.
What part of sydney was that?

That was Sydney Park, St Peters last Sunday

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31