Why did they move it? Home point.

Reaction score
When I fly I some times move so I tap the screen so the Home Point is the controller rather than the take off point.

Today I went to tap the screen to move the Home point to the RC............... and its gone.

Brought all the equipment into the house to see what was wrong. The latest software "update" has moved it, and it took some finding.

Now If I want to re-set Home point you have to click at top of screen, next to little house, then pick one of the two options. No voice confirmation like before. To me this is a step backwards. Why did they 'fix' what was not broken?

Reactions: skyeboysteve
I'm with you on such critical settings/actions. They should not be changed without announcing to users.

We all know DJI is trying to build a unified app to support many of their drones but that doesn't mean that experienced users are put to trouble. Home point setting and resetting is so vital to safe flying of the aircraft and any change to it should be announced to all.

Sorry to say but that's the fact: DJI will not change. They have a good product but hopeless documentation and change management. Many things are done behind the screen.

I don't want to open Pandora's box of ??? here. Hope for the best.

Of all the things on the RC setting the Home Point is one of the most serious. If you c**** up camera settings then you have lost a flight. If your Home Point is not set right you can lose a drone or worse.

I honestly thought it was me. One flight its there the next its gone. So DJI if you read this forum please PUT IT BACK. Thank you . :) Makes you wonder thought what else have they changed without us knowing?

No voice confirmation like before.
I've noticed that often when I try and manually set the home point, I get no voice confirmation AND the home point doesn't appear to update. I've tried with setting the point as mobile device and as aircraft location, and only when I fire up the motors do I get a verbal confirmation and an actual updated home point. WTF.

The calibrate compass moved too, thought it was just me lol

That's true, its annoying how its like that. Is it different with litchi? Haven't had a chance to test it yet.

If you're say launching from one location but moving to another, you want the home point to follow you dynamically not go back to where it was.

That's true, its annoying how its like that. Is it different with litchi? Haven't had a chance to test it yet.

If you're say launching from one location but moving to another, you want the home point to follow you dynamically not go back to where it was.

Exactly my point. This afternoon I launched and after a while decided to move into a field so I could do circuits around a tree. Went to update the Home Point................

Last edited:
This was one of the first few things noted on the forum when the latest app was released, and I agree it makes little sense.
It is always very interesting to read about what changes or moves with each new app or FW version. It's why I would never update the app until all of this stuff is flushed out and I understand what has changed before the need arises. It would be different if DJI announced enough detail about changes, but they don't and there is no sign that they will.

Back in May 2015, Pilot app v1.1.2 was released and for some reason DJI decided to add a very large RTH dialog box that covered almost the entire screen when a RTH was in progress. The dialog box made it very difficult to see what was happening with our Phantoms. With the very next app release (v1.2.0) just a few weeks later in June 2015, DJI removed the large dialog box. My point is that they do sometimes listen to users and make changes. I'm sure it's not only us on this forum who are complaining, so perhaps they will do the same with this head scratching change to the Home Point selection buttons.

What happened to the set home point button in DJI Go?

Resetting home point

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and sonof40
It would appear that the 3rd party apps will be the way of the future for us.
They seem to listen to what we want and are willing to make appropriate changes as requested. Just hope DJI keeps the SDK up-to-date

Must admit Litchi seems more and more tempting.
It has limited features for iOS as of now and no ETA known for it and that's forcing many to go for other apps.

There's no much evidence that they do read things here.
You could try telling them over on their own forum ... but there's no guarantee it would have any effect.
:) Good point. But I would be surprised however if they did not read these forums. They are always a good source of feedback.

So DJI please GIVE US BACK OUR ON SCREEN HOMEPOINT. Thank you :)

:) Good point. But I would be surprised however if they did not read these forums. They are always a good source of feedback.

So DJI please GIVE US BACK OUR ON SCREEN HOMEPOINT. Thank you :)
They have their own forum and don't pay much attention to what people say there.
One of their guys used to visit us frequently but he had a bit of a tantrum and hasn't been back for a long time.

They have their own forum and don't pay much attention to what people say there.
One of their guys used to visit us frequently but he had a bit of a tantrum and hasn't been back for a long time.
Good point, I have now posted the same question on there.

At a guess they removed it because on the Phantom 4 that is where they put the 'Tap Fly' button. Obviously the P4 needs are more important to them than faithful followers of the P3.

When I fly I some times move so I tap the screen so the Home Point is the controller rather than the take off point.

Today I went to tap the screen to move the Home point to the RC............... and its gone.

Brought all the equipment into the house to see what was wrong. The latest software "update" has moved it, and it took some finding.

Now If I want to re-set Home point you have to click at top of screen, next to little house, then pick one of the two options. No voice confirmation like before. To me this is a step backwards. Why did they 'fix' what was not broken?

Bet it's to keep you flying in line of sight ?

My nerves are on edge anyway with out-of-sight flights. Why make it worse by moving the RC Home point controls? Imagine being on a boat and finding that the RTH point is somewhere in the sea behind, or is it off to the left?, of you. :eek:

Ok that does it. I want 1.6 back. Out in the field. Tried to set home point to RC. Just got message back when I tapped the Home point set at controller, or what ever they call it, and it just came up with the message "Home point not set" no explanation. No little voice etc.

So how do I go back to 1.6??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20