Why did Phantom ascend without my control - crash landing

A serious case of RTFM/YouTube I'm afraid buddy.

Crocodiles don't come with a user manual but I'm sure you'd know certain pertinent points before obtaining one ....

You probably had it set in the assistant to RTH when battery gets low. You also have a RTH height set or the default was 20 meters. When the battery gets to a set amount per the Assistant you get a warning the battery is getting low. When it reaches the set amount it initiates a RTH and will climb to the altitude set then Fly to the GPS home lock position and land. If the battery gets way low to 8% it will initiate a auto land regardless of where it is. Down she comes and it doesn't care what's under it.... Tree, water, cars or people.

You were 99% right on target. Only thing not mentioned is I believe when it is coming down, you should be able to over ride it by holding the throttle stick in the up position and the quad will hover. It might even begin to come down again but will stop if you repeat the process.

Please confirm if I'm correct - Reason of crash is because it was in RTH mode and even though the drone was 20m within range of me my home point wasn't near me or even 20m near me...so it was ascending to go to the home point besides the fact that the drone was 20 m in range of me, if I were at the home point with the drone like it should've been and 20m in range it would landed?
If you can, take the flight log from the SD card and convert it to a csv file.

Then upload it to the site free flight track it something like that (please chime in if you remember the URL)

Publish the flight record as public and post the URL. We'll look at it and give you our best analysis.

Reactions: adjmirealty

Then upload it to the site free flight track it something like that (please chime in if you remember the URL)

Publish the flight record as public and post the URL. We'll look at it and give you our best analysis.
I need to up my game ... That's a **** fine reply dear sir!

Post about how I checked my flight log and pin pointed the problems... Any questions link
http://www.phantompilots.com/index....ind-out-a-crisis-situation.47733/#post-446087

2 questions.

1st - how does the H icon work.. Does that mean when the dot hits H it Returns to Home?

2nd - if the phantom is supposed to land when it hits RTH mode when your near it why didn't mine land it was 20-30 ft away from me

I haven't tested RTH with close proximity like your scenario, but if nearby the phantom may simple go to the programmed RTH height first before it lands. I think the default is around 100'. If RTH kicked in it may have made you think you had a fly away, since phantoms have a history if that.

Reactions: adjmirealty

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd