Why did Phantom ascend without my control - crash landing

Not that confusing.
-Rth can set to go to home or land in place (in app)
-If Rth is chosen, set the altitude it will go to before making its way to the home point and descend
- the h icon on the app is the point at which Rth will auto initialize
- if the phantom is at a certain distance from you (forget how many meters) it will land instead of going to the home point
- you can initiate (hold click) or cancel (short click) Rth with the controller button in middle
- you can somewhat (slower) control the altitude while in Rth. You can also yaw all day long as it makes its way back to you.

That about sums it

2 questions.

1st - how does the H icon work.. Does that mean when the dot hits H it Returns to Home?

2nd - if the phantom is supposed to land when it hits RTH mode when your near it why didn't mine land it was 20-30 ft away from me

It's spelled MANUAL.
If you are searching for Drone Manuel you will find the president of Aerpas, Manuel Oñate

Manuel.jpg

Reactions: sergekouper
I always make sure my RTH is going to land right where I want it to and usually right in front of me in a nice clearing. I think most of the time you can hit the RTH button to toggle the thing off. Although the other day coming down from altitude took a bit longer than I thought and the RTH had full control and I was having a hard time getting the bird to go where I wanted and had to let it land where it's chosen RTH was. Ate a bunch of tall grass in the process, still have green props.
Why didn't you just cancel the RTH and bring it home

If your bird is directly overhead, you adjust the antennas to be parallel with the ground for better control. I know from experience, it's hard to remember, when your hearing "WARNING LOW BATTERY". And seeing Return to home activated. I can not believe how someone can fly away all that money without a lot of research.
Always gain or loose altitude while flying away or back to you.

Not that confusing.
-Rth can set to go to home or land in place (in app)
-If Rth is chosen, set the altitude it will go to before making its way to the home point and descend
- the h icon on the app is the point at which Rth will auto initialize
- if the phantom is at a certain distance from you (forget how many meters) it will land instead of going to the home point
- you can initiate (hold click) or cancel (short click) Rth with the controller button in middle
- you can somewhat (slower) control the altitude while in Rth. You can also yaw all day long as it makes its way back to you.

That about sums it
- if it is within 20 meters from you it will land instead of going to the home point

2 questions.

1st - how does the H icon work.. Does that mean when the dot hits H it Returns to Home?

2nd - if the phantom is supposed to land when it hits RTH mode when your near it why didn't mine land it was 20-30 ft away from me
1. Yes
2. I don't know. It must have been further away from you

- if it is within 20 meters from you it will land instead of going to the home point
Mine was 30 FEET from me when it decided to ascend making me wonder why it didn't just land.. Maybe because my home point was 300 ft away it still shouldn't matter if what your saying is true

Mine was 30 FEET from me when it decided to ascend making me wonder why it didn't just land.. Maybe because my home point was 300 ft away it still shouldn't matter if what your saying is true

I rephrase. If it is less than 20 meters from you and you are at the home point, it will land

Is it because it was set on return to home and not landing

I rephrase. If it is less than 20 meters from you and you are at the home point, it will land
So your telling me because my home point was not where I was and more then several hundred feet away that it was normally returning to home?

Meaning the home point was several hundred feet from me but the drone was closer then 20m then me... But ur saying it only lands when ur at the home point and 20 m in range of drone

Meaning the home point was several hundred feet from me but the drone was closer then 20m then me... But ur saying it only lands when ur at the home point and 20 m in range of drone
Why would it land when ur 65 feet in range (20m) if it's 65 ft in range I can see it and land it my see why would I risk it landing 20m away or within and hitting a tree or building

Yea I don't get that either
Please confirm if I'm correct - Reason of crash is because it was in RTH mode and even though the drone was 20m within range of me my home point wasn't near me or even 20m near me...so it was ascending to go to the home point besides the fact that the drone was 20 m in range of me, if I were at the home point with the drone like it should've been and 20m in range it would landed?

I was recently driving my Phantom all over town no problem as soon as the battery became low I brought it home and played around with it between 10-20% when i decided to land for some reason it started to rise without my control I don't know if this was due to the battery being low or maybe it went into fail safe mode and ascended so it can go to the home point which was not to far away... As it rose I pushed the throttle down and nothing was happening (that's why I'm guessing it was battery because phantom should still land manually in fail safe mode... I don't know) I was about 30 feet up until I decided to cut the engines and I had to watch it drop.. Snapped one of my landing gears, snapped the gimbal off the base and cracked the lense... Please help me figure out why this happened if it was fail safe mode how do I cancel the fail safe trip
Jeeezuz! Absorb information before flying. Flicking the top left switch would have saved your bacon. My rule of thumb is if it isn't behaving "normally" I flick it into atti, do a few inputs to gauge control, flick back to gps if atti ok, see is she holds and fly her back for a config check.

Practice in a large open field. Practice RTH and cancelling when the bird is 50ft away or so. Practice flicking out of gps and into atti. Personally I had those modes under control before I even started my figure 8's and basic flying. What's the point being able to fly if you can't get it back if it decided to migrate across the country without warning.

If your drone had its homeport set to a spot, that was 300 feet away from where it is currently at, and RTH is activated, AND you have Return to Home selected(not Land) then it is going to do its RTH routine and attempt to go to that spot 300 feet away. It only knows that spot it saved as its "Home" not wherever you moved to.

Reactions: adjmirealty

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl