Why did my drone lose signal?

Reaction score
Ive only had my P4 for 3 days so still learning the ropes, but I'm confused. Today whilst in P mode, I was flying around manually. About quarter a mile away, trees were the only obstacle between me and drone.

Yet, I lost signal? These things are meant to fly for miles so why have I lost signal after a quarter mile?

trees were the only obstacle between me and drone
Trees will most certainly block the remote controller signal. The path between your remote controller and Phantom must remain clear at all times.

So, these drones can fly more than a mile away in a clear path, but a few trees will block it at 1/4 a mile?

Fair enough. Learning curve!
Trees will most certainly block the remote controller signal. The path between your remote controller and Phantom must remain clear at all times.

I was stood around 1/4 of a mile away when I shot this, loads in the way and never lost signal -

Is your firmware Updated? I lost my drone last month in the ocean and I was 50ft in the air and a 1/4 mile out. It completely lost power and interestingly enough a firmware release came the next day. A friend of mine who was with me that day had the same problem with losing signal and his fell out of the air later that day. Something is seriously going on and I don't think they want to admit it. I have been seeing this complaint a lot.

I was very fortunate I recorded everything and had the flight log. I contacted DJI and for two weeks they researched it and couldn't explain what happened and gave me a brand new one for free. I just got it but I am afraid to take it out now.

I was stood around 1/4 of a mile away when I shot this, loads in the way and never lost signal -

How do you get your Youtube videos so clear? When I post mine they look so compressed and crappy. Was that filmed in 4K or 1080?

The fact that you are at low altitude within the buildings with lots of steel construction is impressive from a 1/4 mile. That's a lot of density for any RC signal. Great video! Perhaps a 5db antenna mod would help.

Reactions: jskdog
How do you get your Youtube videos so clear? When I post mine they look so compressed and crappy. Was that filmed in 4K or 1080?
2.7k from a p3a, I usually crop the video in gopro studio and upload it to youtube. It often takes a while for the video to play in good quality.

The fact that you are at low altitude within the buildings with lots of steel construction is impressive from a 1/4 mile. That's a lot of density for any RC signal. Great video! Perhaps a 5db antenna mod would help.
The metal work can mess the compass up from time to time but never been an issue. I've always been surprised I can fly there and it's a standard p3a with no mods

I live in the woods. My driveway is about 1800 feet into the trees. I get about 11000 feet before I lose signal. (I usually fly about 200 feet high but when signal gets bad, I go up to about 400 feet) Again, nothing but forest as far has you can see.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik