Why did I go to the cell phone store?!?!

Reaction score
So my wife is sick and decided hey.. I'll take care of dinner. So I stop and put in a order for carry out. Well needed to kill 15 minutes so I walked next door to the cell phone store. BAD IDEA!! I quickly realized how small my s5 screen is and started shopping for a dedicated tablet for the p3a. I have been doing nothing but reading thread after thread since I got home. I have never been a I person. I have never had a iphone or ipad. But I can't help notice the reliability everyone talks about with the go app. Not having to do a x,y,z routine to get lag free video.. I'm going back tomorrow I think to get either a galaxy tab 4, iPad air2 or mini3... gonna be a long night!!

Come over to the Apples side. I did in 2007 with a desktop computer and never looked back. Great products and fantastic customer support. I'm anxious to upgrade to the iPad Air 3 and probably get the Inspire mount.

It was a "Cell Phone Store", so you probably should get you a cell phone. A Note 5 seems to run the P3 just fine you know.

hehehe

Wait another month at least and if you can hold out until November for the start of the discount season do that. You should be able to get a heck of a deal on an iPad Mini 2/3 or iPad Air 1/2. If it was me I'd get an iPad Air 2. I have used a Mini 2 and now use an Air 2 and the Air is slightly brighter and gets less warm although I never had issues with the Mini 2 crashing due to heat.

The GO App runs silky smooth on iOS, it's just better all around. You won't regret it at all if your willing to spend a little more coin versus the Android route.

Reactions: Milehigh970
I normally like android, I have an S5 myself. So I bought a Tab A, but wasn't happy after countless unloading of Google services, h/w acceleration, and other suggestions. So I returned that to Costco and bought a Tab S, the best android tablet I could find from a spec point of view, and that was worse. Since my wife's iPad mini 3 worked really good I broke down and bought an iPad mini 2, essentially the same iPad. It's works great. So my advice is if you buy android, do it with a vendor that provides no questions asked refunds.

It was a "Cell Phone Store", so you probably should get you a cell phone. A Note 5 seems to run the P3 just fine you know.

hehehe
But it's not alot bigger then my s5... besides when my contract is up in a month I'm gonna get a s6 edge + ;)
Wait another month at least and if you can hold out until November for the start of the discount season do that. You should be able to get a heck of a deal on an iPad Mini 2/3 or iPad Air 1/2. If it was me I'd get an iPad Air 2. I have used a Mini 2 and now use an Air 2 and the Air is slightly brighter and gets less warm although I never had issues with the Mini 2 crashing due to heat.

The GO App runs silky smooth on iOS, it's just better all around. You won't regret it at all if your willing to spend a little more coin versus the Android route.
I'm really thinking I will leave with a air2.. wait a month!?!? I'm having problems waiting 16 hours lol no but really, they have a deal I get a 200 visa gift card right now.. sounds like I buy a air2 and they throw in a P3 battery and inspire bracket lol
I normally like android, I have an S5 myself. So I bought a Tab A, but wasn't happy after countless unloading of Google services, h/w acceleration, and other suggestions. So I returned that to Costco and bought a Tab S, the best android tablet I could find from a spec point of view, and that was worse. Since my wife's iPad mini 3 worked really good I broke down and bought an iPad mini 2, essentially the same iPad. It's works great. So my advice is if you buy android, do it with a vendor that provides no questions asked refunds.
I think this is the one time in my life I have actually wanted a I product more then a android!!

Reactions: bobmyers
I have the mini 3, but MAN do I wish I had access to the Litchi app for Android. But hey, tomorrow the new FW is coming out with POI, "follow me", waypoints, and maybe even home lock, so maybe I'll be ok.

I just picked up a set of HMZ-T3W FPVs in Denver from a guy on craigslist, can't wait to get back home Friday and check them out with the P3. I have hooked them up and it is like looking at a 720P 150" screen from about 10 feet. I will still be using my Note 4 for control interface.

I have the mini 3, but MAN do I wish I had access to the Litchi app for Android. But hey, tomorrow the new FW is coming out with POI, "follow me", waypoints, and maybe even home lock, so maybe I'll be ok.
Tomorrow huh? Lol how many nights have you laid in bed and told yourself that? :)

I should have written "tomorrow" ... in quotes ... due to how many posts I have read in which I have seen the promise of these features coming "soon".

I should have written "tomorrow" ... in quotes ... due to how many posts I have read in which I have seen the promise of these features coming "soon".
I read one comment about the 28th.. he used the Chinese number game and came to that conclusion.. i like it!! Lol

Reactions: JohnK
So my wife is sick and decided hey.. I'll take care of dinner. So I stop and put in a order for carry out. Well needed to kill 15 minutes so I walked next door to the cell phone store. BAD IDEA!! I quickly realized how small my s5 screen is and started shopping for a dedicated tablet for the p3a. I have been doing nothing but reading thread after thread since I got home. I have never been a I person. I have never had a iphone or ipad. But I can't help notice the reliability everyone talks about with the go app. Not having to do a x,y,z routine to get lag free video.. I'm going back tomorrow I think to get either a galaxy tab 4, iPad air2 or mini3... gonna be a long night!!
There is a good reason you aren't an i person.... you don't drink the cool-aid! And you like to not be considered a follower!! The ONLY thing you will have issues with on the Tab 4 is that its too big for the cradle. I modified one so that it fits, And it fits my Tab, Tab 2, Tab 3, AND Tab 4! And runs perfectly on the Tab 3 and 4. No messing with stupid services. No BS airplane mode. No worrying about shutting down apps... No paying double to get GPS, and no BS company telling me I can and cant install on my tablet! I do fly with an iPad Air 2 though as well. Testing on all 3 and Galaxy S6 for DJI with great results. AND Litchi is the ONLY 3rd party app out there worth a crap!

There is a good reason you aren't an i person.... you don't drink the cool-aid! And you like to not be considered a follower!! The ONLY thing you will have issues with on the Tab 4 is that its too big for the cradle. I modified one so that it fits, And it fits my Tab, Tab 2, Tab 3, AND Tab 4! And runs perfectly on the Tab 3 and 4. No messing with stupid services. No BS airplane mode. No worrying about shutting down apps... No paying double to get GPS, and no BS company telling me I can and cant install on my tablet! I do fly with an iPad Air 2 though as well. Testing on all 3 and Galaxy S6 for DJI with great results. AND Litchi is the ONLY 3rd party app out there worth a crap!
Grrrr.. just when I thought I had it figured out lol I know the full size tab 4 won't fit. Does the 7 or 8 in whatever it is tab 4 run the same?

Like I said.. It only took a little modification. I can take mine apart again and post pics if needed. The first issue is the USB port.. Bottom center. So the hole has to be opened up

Grrrr.. just when I thought I had it figured out lol I know the full size tab 4 won't fit. Does the 7 or 8 in whatever it is tab 4 run the same?

Really.. The new Shield would be a better choice it seems. Judging from everyone raving about them.

DON'T get the IPad Mini 3, get the Mini 2. The only difference between them is that the '3' has a chrome coloured ring around the main button and has fingerprint recognition, you will be paying an extra £100 for the privilege over the cost of the '2' !! Money that could be better spent on your sick wife.

Really.. The new Shield would be a better choice it seems. Judging from everyone raving about them.
I have looked into the shield. The plus to going through my cell service is I can get it for next to nothing. It will cost me like 23 bucks a month with service.. and I can trade it in and upgrade in a year. The price of the shield will cut into extra battery and case money. The wife has her stink eye on me after the original p3a purchase.

DON'T get the IPad Mini 3, get the Mini 2. The only difference between them is that the '3' has a chrome coloured ring around the main button and has fingerprint recognition, you will be paying an extra £100 for the privilege over the cost of the '2' !! Money that could be better spent on your sick wife.
I know this.. they just don't have any mini 2s

Reactions: biff600

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl