Why can't i get high?

I've tried directly above and i always try to point the antenna at the drone.
Flying straight up above you is always the trickiest angle for getting a good signal and you get to a point where it just doesn't work.
Try going out and up and pay attention to antenna orientation from the DJI video above.

Reactions: JonnyBenson
I've tried directly above and i always try to point the antenna at the drone.

Sent from my LG-H850 using PhantomPilots mobile app
The drone is not really setup to fly right over you that well, you can get away with it a little if you move your antenna parallel to the ground. It's is set up better to fly out away from you, than you can gain some altitude. Than the antenna should be kept vertical with the craft out in front of you, not above.

So how far and how high should a p3s go straight from the box, just out of curiosity?

'Straight from the box' would seem to imply 'Beginner Mode' is active. This is a 30 meter radius from take-off location and 30 meters in altitude.

Once that is disabled the you have unlimited horizontal distance and 500 meters vertical.
This does not consider antenna orientation or other radio issues by trying to fly directly overhead.

'Straight from the box' would seem to imply 'Beginner Mode' is active. This is a 30 meter radius from take-off location and 30 meters in altitude.

Once that is disabled the you have unlimited horizontal distance and 500 meters vertical.
This does not consider antenna orientation or other radio issues by trying to fly directly overhead.
Think he was asking what the realistic distances were, not the theoretical ones.
In CE mode, up to 500meters. In FCC mode 1000 meters out. These are just ballparks for you, in reality it could be less or a bit more.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

So how far and how high should a p3s go straight from the box, just out of curiosity?
It depends on many factors, such as wifi noises arround you, obstacles, weather, magnetic field etc. I can easily get 1km in the remote vilage among farm field. But it is hard to get through more than 200mtrs arround my house.
And all of those explanations above are correct. It rather tricky to perfectly gain signal when you fly the craft above you directly. But its gonna easier when you manage your position so there is an angle 30-45 degrees from horizon between the controller and the craft.

Best iv'e done is 1093ft could do more but the FAA would break down my door lol

It depends on many factors, such as wifi noises arround you, obstacles, weather, magnetic field etc. I can easily get 1km in the remote vilage among farm field. But it is hard to get through more than 200mtrs arround my house.
And all of those explanations above are correct. It rather tricky to perfectly gain signal when you fly the craft above you directly. But its gonna easier when you manage your position so there is an angle 30-45 degrees from horizon between the controller and the craft.

1km up? I was on a farm yesterday and lost the signal about 150m.

Reactions: sinxa
Than you must have a FW or hardware issue. What FW is your drone on?

No. . . I didn't meant to say 1km up. As i said before that i have no purpose of doing vertical flight right above my head.
I was saying 1km distance with the 150meters altitude. If i increase the altitude, i believe i will gain more than 1km distance.

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Msvet
Best iv'e done is 1093ft could do more but the FAA would break down my door lol
Why would the FAA break down your door for flying 1093 ft away? Remember, the posts ahead of yours are referring to distance, not altitude.

no pharm they are about height and here in the USA 400ft is the legal height limit. and when someone puts lol after a line it's a joke.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers