Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Why are people selling their p2vision plus sp quickly?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by 2kvfr800, Oct 2, 2014.

1. 2kvfr800

Hi Guys i need some advice, new bee here. I have noted a lot of Lightly used Phantom2 Vision Plus's on the market with less than 10 flights on them. Supposedly no crashes, ect.. Why is this? is it not a stable platform?
    I really want to get into this hobby but I'm not sure which one to buy.. i want to use a go pro, for 4k video, but with the P2V+ i would have to buy a the conversion kit to do that.. which equals more money.

I have considered a F450/F550 octocopter, as I see a lot of people sell their phantom after a few months to upgrade. I want to take photos and video.
    I want to use a GoPro
    Want FPV
    Want DJI Ground station for iPhone/iPad. (I want to be able to set waypoints and have it fly itself so i can focus on photo/video.)

My problem is that i don't know what i would need to buy to build a F450/550 or how to configure a aftermarket radio for standard phantom features likereturn to home, gps, hold ect.
    Basically i would want everything the phantom 2v plus has except with a goPro camera on the F450/F550.

Is this possible? What should i do?
    thanks in advance....

2. Hovtech

Buy a Walkera Scout X4

3. Panamon Creel

First one question, what does your RC aircraft experience look like?

4. 2kvfr800

I have RC plane experience, no Helicopter Experience, unless you count the 20-50$ indoor helicopters..lol

5. saltire

Buy a Phantom 2 and fit your own vidoe source ie go pro ect i wish i had done this rather than a phantom 2 Vision+ at least when you hit the record button in hd you wont loose sat 's.You live and learn .

6. Panamon Creel

Good enough :)
    sure you can build or have build a F550 with a Naza-M controller which provides you with GPS, Atti, IOC RTH
    put o a H3-3D gimbal
    add a FPV and Groundstation set-up to your liking

The P2V+ is a good out of the box RTF unit that is stable and performs well but it has some compromises build in that may not be for everyone.

7. happydays

Sounds like you should be going with a P2 with the zenmeuse gimbal and your choice of FPV kit. Especially if you want 4k which the + cannot handle at this time.

8. Dirty Bird

I would be extremely hesitant to purchase a second-hand quad, no matter how much the seller insists it has been lightly used or never crashed. The only way I would ever consider purchasing second-hand would be if I could examine it and fly it before purchasing. You'll have no warranty, and the prices I see aren't that good.

9. 2kvfr800

i also want to be able to travel with any bird i buy, how well does the F450/f550 travel? are there cases that will fit in a overhead bin?

The TALI H500 doesn't look bad, but doesn't have a ground station that i can see that you can set waypoints on..

10. Onezerosix141

I really considered buying F450 or P2. But adding up the cost, P2V+ seemed like better choice for me. This was my first quad with fpv so I didn't want to go crazy on it.

11. Juan R Sus

The Tali H500 can make ground station using APM mission planner with a PC, or if you like you can use DroidPLanner in the android platform with a tablet or a cel phone. Look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRn_HiS3A3g

12. Panamon Creel

Might be better to hold of on the Tali for a while longer, seems to have QA, design and SW/FW issues that still need to be resolved ( poor solder joints, interlock features on the housing break easily causing arms to flex/vibrate, retractable leg issues,....)
    People are already singing praises for the very new Walkera Scout X4 but the same was done with the Tali H500 before and short after it was released not too long ago so to be taken with a grain of salt and lots of skepticism ;)