Why are people returning the Phantoms 4's???

Reaction score
Just seen this thread about this. I have heard of a few problems with it. Mine seems to be just fine, so I am curious as to what the issue is? Is it one specific problem, a combination of problems?

What seems to be going on? I can't find anything direct about the issues, help is appreciated, thank you.

It seems like most people are not experiencing issues. There will always be problems when anything like this is mass produced though. And, like any other forums on the Internet, there are more people discussing problems than posting about how everything is working as expected.

Loving mine :)

Screen shot from the video, and then graded :cool:

SouthernBelle-web.jpg

No matter where I was, at 1200 feet, it would loose signal and RTH.
So it went back

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

i have not pushed mine up that high yet
He's not talking about height, he's saying 1200' range away from launch point (horizontally). He couldn't go more than a quarter mile away when P3's and P4's with Lightbridge should normally fly 2 to 3mi away in ideal conditions. That's why everyone buys DJI, to get Lightbridge so it can do that far. The specs state that kind of range.

It seems like most people are not experiencing issues. There will always be problems when anything like this is mass produced though. And, like any other forums on the Internet, there are more people discussing problems than posting about how everything is working as expected.
I don't think that's a completely fair seriousness to the issue although I do agree with you. The majority of people are flying them and loving them, some blisffully un-aware.

But as someone that has 2 and my first one was perfect and my second one is even better but not before going through hell with the second one. One day was so frustrated, considered walking away from it as a hobby and only do professional stuff.

But now I have 2, one better than the other flying so perfect, they are the best birds I've ever had but I got a view of what it's like to have been a part of the bad side of the roll out. It was outside of what's considered acceptable quality variance, IMHO.

But I generally agree with you though, per usual.

Reactions: Cale262
I don't think that's a completely fair seriousness to the issue although I do agree with you. The majority of people are flying them and loving them, some blisffully un-aware.

But as someone that has 2 and my first one was perfect and my second one is even better but not before going through hell with the second one. One day was so frustrated, considered walking away from it as a hobby and only do professional stuff.

But now I have 2, one better than the other flying so perfect, they are the best birds I've ever had but I got a view of what it's like to have been a part of the bad side of the roll out. It was outside of what's considered acceptable quality variance, IMHO.

But I generally agree with you though, per usual.

The problem is, the people that have faults with their phantom 4 do not realise they have a fault and will just fly until they know otherwise or it presents a major issue.

So in 3 months time when parts start to wear...we may see more returns. Sometimes people just don't know they have an issue and just think its how its suppose to be.

What program did you use o grade that photo in? Looks great.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks!

I used the color tool that comes with the Apple Preview application. I usually use lightroom, but since it was screenshot it was not in a raw format.

Last edited:
Well, I had pretty much had my mind made up to buy the P4 tomorrow instead of the Typhoon H, but I'm reading way too many posts about video issues i.e. The green bar. I thought a iPad mini 4 would be safe and prevent it but I'm seeing people are having issues with it too.

Well, I had pretty much had my mind made up to buy the P4 tomorrow instead of the Typhoon H, but I'm reading way too many posts about video issues i.e. The green bar. I thought a iPad mini 4 would be safe and prevent it but I'm seeing people are having issues with it too.

No problems here unless I loose signal. The p4 destroys the typhoon on range btw so the green would not even show for you unless you were well beyond the typhoon's maximum range.

I love mine, but picked up a P3A and am considering returning the P4. Outside of sport mode, quick release props, and OA - there is really not a big difference IMO.

Still considering keeping the P4 the P3A was $900 less....

That's exactly it.

I love mine, 3.89 miles is my farthest flight to date. Has not let me down with anything that it promised.

No issues with mine, one needs to take the negative feed back on forums with a "pinch of salt" yes it will drop a couple meters after flat out horizontal flight.......... but two weeks in and loving the new toy......

Reactions: billzView

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic