Why are my videos not playing p3a

Reaction score
Let me make it clear that I have never tried to watch or play the videos directly off the card.. After some Help for some ppl off this forum I found out that for the absolute best quality video you need to take the vids directly off the sd card transfer them to the hdd of my PC and play it from there..

So anyhow I went out and got a use micro sd card reader so I can play it from my tv, as well as play it from my computer once transferd to my hdd. While I was out shopping I also picked up the scan disk extreme ..

Put the card into my drone, formatted it right away.. Took a video in MOV and took a video in MP4 as to test in my computer and tv with my new card reader.. Neither the videos played. Said "file can't be played" on the tv when I tried it.. And on my computer it loaded them as a "quick time" icon..

Tried to open the videos on the PC after dragging them to the desktop and as I clicked them they auto loaded with "QuickTime player" and all I had was a white screen. So I tried to open them with windows media player and it said "file can not be found" even after I tried the videos still loaded directly from the sd card it still said file can not be found for wi does media player..

The computer i have is an old desktop with Windows xp.

My tv is a brand new 50" led RCA flat screen that I plugged the reader directly into the USB on the side of the tv.

Any help with how to actually watch these videos would be great!! They show up on the tv but say "can not be played" all I wanna see is how good 2.7k looks like for the first time!!

All I have done in the past was watch them off the app, which the quality was not the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probly a graphic card issue. 2.7k is a very large resolution. Change camera to 1080P@ 60fps , record, see if your "old" pc can run that size.

Ok great! And as for it not playing on my tv.. Is it the 2.7k issue as well? Maybe it needs to be stepped down to 1080 for the tv to play it as well? It's not a top notch tv by any means but it's not a shitty one either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's def a computer hardware problem. Not saying it's broken, just that the graphic card, memory and even MHZ can't keep up with it. It's a bit like using the internet on an old fashion "dial up" connection where you have to take the phone out before you can go on the internet lol. I bet if you left it on the pc it will eventually come up but may be more like a slide show rather then a video footage. How about uploading it to YouTube,then testing it there to see how it plays out? [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Shoot some video in 1080p and see if the tv will play it. My Samsung plays 1080p and 4k, but wont play 2.7k right off the card. To watch 2.7k, I have to convert it on the computer

You can't play 2.7K videos on your tv. Record in 1080p and play on your tv. Hope it supports full HD.

The very first thing you got to take care is that resolution that can be handled by your tv and PC and next do you have SW support to play recorded videos formats. If both are ok then only you will be able to play successfully.

Technology is continuously evolving and care is not always taken to keep things backwards compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Falcon900

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl