Why am i scared to fly far

Help I just got my or standard and I am scared to fly far
If you just got your Phantom, there's a lot to learn before you should fly far.
It's easy to fly but takes a lot of practice to become proficient.
There are several things that can go wrong and you need to understand what they are anad how to prevent them causing you problems.
RTH is one of the most important sections of the manual.
Go to a large open area, well away from trees and obstacles and experiment with RTH so you understand how it works, how to initiate it and how to cancel and resume control.
With increasing experience you will gain confidence.

hi..i know the feeling, i'm in my 6th month of flying my p3 pro and i just flew my first mile away and back flight. i don't advise anyone flying out of site of copter, but being familiar with the terrain where i went, i felt safe doing it. only had a couple of video link cut outs but it went fine. it's like finally unlatching the first bra hooks back in the day, once you got it, it's all good from there(as long as she's in agreement) hey, just sayin..also...before flight check EVERYTHING, rth altitude, all the things you always check. and, don't panic..you'll be fine..best of luck,be safe...

Just do it
^ bad advise
If you just got your Phantom, there's a lot to learn before you should fly far.
It's easy to fly but takes a lot of practice to become proficient.
There are several things that can go wrong and you need to understand what they are anad how to prevent them causing you problems.
RTH is one of the most important sections of the manual.
Go to a large open area, well away from trees and obstacles and experiment with RTH so you understand how it works, how to initiate it and how to cancel and resume control.
With increasing experience you will gain confidence.
^ good advise .

Totally agree with Meta. Big open fields are the best. That way if you do make a mistake, you don't crash into anything.

hi..i know the feeling, i'm in my 6th month of flying my p3 pro and i just flew my first mile away and back flight. i don't advise anyone flying out of site of copter, but being familiar with the terrain where i went, i felt safe doing it. only had a couple of video link cut outs but it went fine. it's like finally unlatching the first bra hooks back in the day, once you got it, it's all good from there(as long as she's in agreement) hey, just sayin..also...before flight check EVERYTHING, rth altitude, all the things you always check. and, don't panic..you'll be fine..best of luck,be safe...
In matching the first bra, I'm 13

I'm still in beginner mode but i'm happy as I still have my drone and i'm learning the basics.One thing I can't do is fly out far enough so I can flip the S2 switch while in this mode.It's getting close to cutting the cord and let this drone fly but not too far but far enough to test out the RTH then the other modes.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20