Why a P2 over P3 ?

From the footage I've here and on youtube is the kind of footage a production company would be interested in. News providers want footage for free and are not about to pay $1000.00 for 3 minutes of some one flying circles over his house. Most footage at most is no longer 30 seconds and only 1-3 seconds are ever used as filler in their story line. Would most video taping from a quadcopter be wasting their time uploading to GoPro in hopes of selling their footage YES.

I void warranties.
Seriously, I bought the P2 NV precisely because I could modify it.
You can install a FLIR camera on the P2. (Not that I could afford one). You won't be able to do this with the Vision or P3.

I enjoyed your reply here Steve. Having taken delivery of my P2 on the very day the P3 was launched, I have been a little sad in some way at not having waited a little longer. However, as time has gone on and I read the number of gripes there are, I'm not so sad any more. I installed the FPV and gave the McGyver in me full rein, and have had wonderful success with the P2 and the GoPro. At the very least I'm going to wait until some version 2 of the P3 appears.

I am curious about something you wrote:

One could install another camera on the P2. How? Is there a description somewhere of this (or some other better camera than the GoPro)?

One could install another camera on the P2. How? Is there a description somewhere of this (or some other better camera than the GoPro)?
1. Anything in the GoPro footprint and weight will work. There is one company on Kickstarter who is developing a FLIR that would fit anywhere the Hero would fit.
2. If GoPro makes a better version of Hero camera, just swap it out.
3. If you crash and damage the camera, Target stores sell the Hero 4 and you can be flying again the same day.

1. Anything in the GoPro footprint and weight will work. There is one company on Kickstarter who is developing a FLIR that would fit anywhere the Hero would fit.
2. If GoPro makes a better version of Hero camera, just swap it out.
3. If you crash and damage the camera, Target stores sell the Hero 4 and you can be flying again the same day.

Thanks Steve.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl