Why 300g?!?!?! WHY??!?!

Reaction score
Dear DJI,

I was anxiously awaiting The Spark, finally to fly free again! You need to shave off 50g before I can consider purchasing this product. I already have a P2V+ and P3P which are great! However I do most of my flying in Canada, that's right I am essentially grounded as I do most of my flying within 75m of ....etc.

Saddened,

Red05

Dear DJI,

I was anxiously awaiting The Spark, finally to fly free again! You need to shave off 50g before I can consider purchasing this product. I already have a P2V+ and P3P which are great! However I do most of my flying in Canada, that's right I am essentially grounded as I do most of my flying within 75m of ....etc.

Saddened,

Red05

Canada is a minuscule market so getting it to 250 g was not all that important. (But, look at the trend, they're getting there).

The market for this is fun-having families out on summer vacation (see the timing here?) here in the northern (most populated) half of the planet.

Dear DJI,

Saddened,

Red05
It would have been heavier than 300 grams had DJI gone with foldable legs.

Expect foldable legs and a slightly heavier Spark with 4k video in the DJI Spark Pro due out (if history repeats) in 8 months. DJI could make the Spark Pro come in at 300 if they use lighter construction materials & battery.

Dear DJI,

Saddened,

Red05

I think canada is stupid.
The laws with drones is to do with the range and the drone being 'unmanned' and 'anonymous'.
People can see you operate a car and hence put a name and face to the vehicle.
I think if you are flying within 80m, then i say its no different to car - you can see that person flying and put a name and face to the drone.
Hence, i think if the drone is restricted to 80m and 50m hieght, i cant see why there should be a restriction.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl