Whos started a small Aerial photography business in UK?

Reaction score
Just trying to work out if its viable to start a part time dorn ephotography & video business. I have a drone, just need CAA approval after a course.

Im in a rural spot so plenty of farms, buildings, estates, people will potentially want photographing but I'm just unsure if people will want to spend say £150 for 10 photos. From the people I've spoke to they are interested just not sure how many would be. Don't want to start to have to close down after a year due to no interest and find Ive got the CAA approval for nothing and wasted money.

Just wondered if other people have any experience starting up in the UK on a small part time basis and if it was successful - there seems to be a lot to think about in regards to accounts, tax, etc.

I would say, do your homework. Speak to local council, estate agents and local photographers to see if they would be interested in adding you as an addition to their services that they could offer to their client's

Reactions: jase888
Hi,

I'd be interested to hear your experiences as I'm thinking about doing the same.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Will keep you posted, just in the planning stages for now.

Like Darren says above I think its doing the homework to see if theirs a market for it just working out best way to approach estate agents and that. Also aiming at local farms, estates, homes in the area as I'm in the countryside - done a few photos of peoples houses for them already for family members (for free) so think that might be a good route.

As its part time would be happy to only make small profit aslong as it covers itself (insurance, website hosting fees, etc) and hopefully it will help fund further drones down the line for backup.

Seems there are varying fields for generating business:
- Real Estate market (High End), Wedding Videography, Roof / Structure Inspections, Crop Surveying, 3D Mapping and if you were good enough some Ad work I think.

But I think outlay is high for CAA courses and then certification and you would definitely need various level of insurance cover.

I notice that one of the estate agents near us (Warwickshire) has started putting in Aerial shots, but I am willing to bet they haven't gone and got a licence !

You might also need to have a second drone in order to finish a piece of work if the first one gets crashed or malfunctions.

Could probably be done, but I don't think their would be much in the way of profits unless you managed to really find a market seam.

I think the drone repair business might be the booming market :)

Reactions: frequencyIsKey

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers