Who's Firmware update worked?

Define 'worked'....

It transferred to my P3A successfully...that worked.

Did if fix any issues I was concerned with...that did not work.

DJi, fix the FPV lag and freeze issue!

I was in the smoky mountains today and it would not let me fly until I did the update. I had no problems yesterday flying in Hilton head island. Why does dji force the updates on you...?

I updated to V1.2.6 and so far have had no problems. I read that some people have had hover issues below 10ft. I tried several times by going up to 40 or 50 feet then dropping to 7 feet and letting it hover for about a minute with no problem. Flights went OK as well (3 flights so far since upgrade).

Last edited:
Flashed 1.2.6 to BOTH of my P3P's and controllers. Nary a problem. Both fly great. Gotta run........... killer pics await!!

Updated my P3P and got the 1.2.0 app.
FPV lag on my Samsung s4 is reduced (not gone, but its usable for long range flights), no issues as far as I can tell, still get that annoying "aircraft is warming up" after IMU calibration.

Last edited:
Having used my P3P for 2 weeks, with more than 20 flights ( roughly 3 hours flight in total) I didn't have any issue vith 1.1.9 and later 1.2.6 firmware. I'm using it with an Ipad Air 2.
I replaced the tablet holder with the Inspire metal one... much more robust.

I had a P2V+ before (sold it to a friend), and the P3P is far superior ! The 4K video is just wonderful... way better than the 4K of my Gopro Hero 4 black !

I updated to the last version and didn't try it but see another update came out yesterday, can anyone confirm more stability with 1.2.8 for advanced?

My P3P and controller are fine. Everything works.
VPS is fine. Take that back... VPS is solid.
Kept the firmware on the card til the last battery was cycled through then formatted the card.

I cannot believe you guys are not getting issues? Most are. Most are getting a vps error. I am and now have to do an auto gimbal calibration each flight and had to turn off vps and seems to work well, but you guys not getting the vps error it's hard to believe when pretty well most have this issue with 1.2.6 update.

Also what going on? The advanced has had 2 updates and the pro is 2 updates behind.

Just had 10 minutes on latest firmware and it flew nice.

Are you guys with no issues all advanced users? It has 2 updates so the issues maybe resolved. Not so with the pro version

Im a pro :)

(wrong choice of words but you know what I mean)

Installed with no problems. Followed the pdf instructions to the letter and it took just 10 minutes to upgrade the aircraft and less than 5 minutes to upgrade the Remote Controller.
I monitored the temperatures of the aircraft and gimbal during the upgrade since I have read some post about excesive temperatures but on my case there was not even a slight increase of temperature on the gimbal during the upgrade (of course Gimbal locks where removed during the upgrade)

I have not been able to make a long flight yet but I did a quick test and all systems appear to work correct.
I can see the google map on the Pilot App.
I have the Professional version and I have an Ipad Air as device.
So far so good. I will report as soon as I can make a long flight with 1.2.6 but I have the feeling everything works good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20