Who's been flying with new Firmware and Go App

Have you cleared everything off your SD card?
I always make sure everything is off it and it only has the .bin file on it before updating.
You beat me to it. Was going to offer a similar answer. Format the card in the P3, and load just the .bin file (not the ZIP file) in the root directory. Place the card back in the unit. Keep the controller off. Then power up the P3. If still no good, is it possible it's already been updated? Is there a text file?

I flew it today with the new firmware and new año and everything Works perfect , the vps problems are definitively solved , thanks to god ..

I was flying it last night at la Jolla. Here are some pix. Also showing in my pix in the sunset shots that the horizon is now pretty level. That's 5 batteries and all horizon shots are much more level with the update. The horizon used to be horrible for me before.
0ccdf3e0457c40492f6906c2a6da6d77.jpg
bc6826d08ebd20d34cbd35b362bf5594.jpg
b38f2a8fadc885902119d275decb3c2d.jpg
4dd2ad2f138f228a26dee4265d3cc2b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What on God's green earth...these are STUNNING?
Are you a professional photographer/editor?

Whenever you start giving classes let me know, I would kill to have the knowledge to be able to produce photos like that.

Hats off to you.

Anyone who has actually flown with the new firmware and Go App for IOS got anything good or bad to report. More bad really as im trying to decide if to update or not. I know a few have had problems with TX and battery updates ect ect but what about bugs for flying.
Did the updates no problem on yesterday's flight

I have upgraded to DJI GO, and firmware1.3.20. I have not seen any issues. Seems to be ok. Just have to get use to the new interface on the app., other than that, good to go.

Anyone who has actually flown with the new firmware and Go App for IOS got anything good or bad to report. More bad really as im trying to decide if to update or not. I know a few have had problems with TX and battery updates ect ect but what about bugs for flying.

I've been using it since this week and it works great so far.
Jaco

Mine works great. I did all the firm ware updates as they came. Did all the gear + 2 extra batts

1. mfr1340
    NewI use a piece of 1 1/2" X 4' block styrofoam insulation (from Home Depot) for $5.00. It has a aluminum on one side and is white on the other side. I made one piece that is 2' x 2' and I set it on my foldable trailer that I use to bring all my stuff out to the middle of the field. It makes a great table. Then I made a round one to use as a take off and landing pad. But it was too light and would start to lift up a little bit when I was above it hovering to line up for setting it down. So I added some long nails (8"X1/8") and stuck them into the styrofoam. Then I put a ring of Duck Tape Around the outside, and its just right now. It is so easy to land, just take your time. It just hovers and you can make 1" moves.
    With 13 flights and 25 landings I have no stress cracks and no close calls. I still have 17 more short (30% batt usage each flight) Flights to do to do the proper break in process that they say you should do. (10 for 10) and I have 3 batteries.
    As far as filming I just start the recorder before I lift off and stop when I land. That way I'm not thinking about the filming. My last one was pretty good. It was 8.2 minutes long and you learn a lot each time you fly.
    And I treat it like a &1,300.00 toy, with respect. I watched hundreds of videos on u tube while waiting for it to arrive.
    I also got the special signal booster for the antenna and I don't worry about the signal cutting out, the signal is supper strong.
    #54mfr1340, A moment ago
    Edit Delete Report
    Yep. Now fold them out, attach one of the antenna boosters, then prepare to be amazed at the range!! I won't tell you how far, because it upsets some members.

View attachment 26610

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

I put the $25.00 range extender on just for my piece of mind. It also fits in my go pro case without taking it off. My bird is ready to fly right out of the case. Props stay on while its in the case. I also have the latest sun shade which makes the perfict set-up. I switched from a case for my air2 to a stock cover. It stays cool in the sun shade because it is bare and I make sure all apps are closed and in airplane mode.
    With 40 minutes of continuous use, no heating up even while taking vedio the whole time.

Yea i took the plunge and havnt really had any problems as such. I do get a unknown error 42 every time i try snd start the craft and need to take the battery out and put it back in before it will start up. I think this could be the new barometer error tho as i had that problem on 1.9 a lot. Waiting on confirmation of that tho, but i dont get the barometer error any more just this 42 error instead only now its every time i try and start which is anoying. No way of getting an out of whach barometer back in shape tho from what i know. Might try another really cold IMU to see if that stops it but i doubt it will.

I updated yesterday and flew it right after in 15 mph winds. No issues to report. Even turned on vps which seemed to work. Bird held steady as a rock while hovering.
As for the app. From what I can tell not much as change in the actual pilots view of the app at least nothing I could notice.

And finally the horizon seemed solid. I never had issues but it seemed to hold it well, too.
I noticed the new Go DJI app for I phones is released; but, I don't see the same for Android. 2 questions
1) If I don't have the Go DJI app on my android, should I still update the firmware on my P3 Advanced?
2) Should I update both the P3 and Controller with the new firmware if I don't have the Go DJI app on my Android?
3) Any idea when DJI will release the Go DJI app for Androids?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Everything still all seems good so far tho with the flying aspect of things. Please remember guys to keep this post clear for results after firmware updates and not problems during updating. We have enough threads all ready for that. Cheers all and let's hope we have more good results with flying on this one as all seems good so far tho.
I noticed the new Go DJI app for I phones is released; but, I don't see the same for Android. 2 questions
1) If I don't have the Go DJI app on my android, should I still update the firmware on my P3 Advanced?
2) Should I update both the P3 and Controller with the new firmware if I don't have the Go DJI app on my Android?
3) Any idea when DJI will release the Go DJI app for Androids?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Flew 3 batts today after updating. Did IMU & Stick calibration after the update. Mods looked good so I didn't do the compass. At the beginning of the first flight the P3P seemed to struggle to maintain altitude, it would bob up and down and I could hear the motors revving up and down as it was trying to maintain its altitude. I don't have VPS turned on, but to be sure I took it to about 3m. I considered bringing it down, but had full control, so decided to ride it out. After a few minutes it settled down and I didn't see a repeat of the bobbing for the remaining flight.

I had issues with previous firmware and was flying with VPS off. I intended to revert to previous firmware but this one seems to have corrected all problems. Not sure about reported signal issues as have not / will not fly out of line of sight. Go app although a bit different is also better IMHO. Overall much happier now.

Your not alone. I'm just figuring it out that GO is the latest DJI PILOT AP update. No one told us that. You have to figure it out yourself. A little annoying.
DJI has named it the "GO App". Yes, it replaces the Pilot app on both IOS and Android devices. Except, it's not available for Android yet. So you can update the firmware on the quadcopter and the RC exactly as before, via the BIN file. The "old" Pilot app will continue to work until the GO app is available for Android devices.

I have just done latest advanced firmware , all good text file shows success , I booted up bird and no blinking lights just an Insanely loud beep tried up loading the vid I took on my phone but this app doesn't like the extension

I connect the RC to my mobile device... And this is what I get for the firmware
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439212359.239332.jpg

Is this the latest firmware
Do I have to upgrade firmware or RC or is it the latest so far

Uploaded new FW this weekend for both the Phantom and the controller. Didn't do IMU or compass calibration. Thought I'd wait and see if calibration was necessary. It wasn't. Phantom flew beautifully.

I have probably been one of the most vocal and leading protagonists regarding the most recent firmware "foul"-up, but I must say the new update and controller seem to have worked well and I'm not sending my P3Pro back for a refund as suggested by my cc company.

I won't be hanging around the forum much now. I'll be out flying instead.

I have seen no new issues with 12 flights now 6 on pro 6 on advanced
For my advanced which suffered from VPS issues it seems to be good again
however Both my birds still have the horizon issue off and on good one direction off most others
And yes Ive done all the fixes available Its not my first rodeo I own 3 current or have owned 9 birds from phantom to p3

Did you do a IMU calibration after the firmware upgrade ?
Marnix

Did you do a IMU calibration after the firmware upgrade ?
Marnix
Yes I did imu calibration gimbal calibration both done on level surfaces glass on top of motors for verification with level Bird facing north and cold also think I did it one time on a blue moon standing on 1 foot and a these fix the issue on either bird Verizon is level facing north south but when you very from those two directions it's off not just an intermittent issue as I've seen almost hundred posts on this form alone different people with the same exact issuedefinitely should be able to be addressed in a firmware update as it has to be a magnetic issue on how the compass is interacting with gimbal

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik