Who's been flying with new Firmware and Go App

Hmm. My horizon was not leveled after update. Haven't done imu or gimbal cals yet.
Lots of opinions on IMU calibration. I always do it after firmware upgrade. Others don't. If nothing else has worked, you can always try it as last resort. I did both right afterwards, of course letting the bird cool down first.

I upgrade everything yesterday. The only calibrations I did was for the controller and the gimbal. I had previously suffered horizon problems, drifting, losing height due to VPS Problems, video lag, signal dropout and gimbal overload alerts. I guess I was really unlucky!

I flew for 90 minutes yesterday after the updates and it was a dream. Rock solid hover at all heights, straight(er) horizon, no annoying alerts. It was an absolute joy to fly yesterday and restored my confidence in my P3A.

Reactions: Oso and Stan_in_KS
Stan, I completely blew my night shots. They are some of the worst I've done. This night and pier was really tricky. The wind didn't seem to help the long exposure either. The lights were so bright at the pier that I realized that I should have taken the night pics further away from the pier. I was on the beach and the pier was about 1,600' out so I was about 2,000 feet from where I was when I shut off the LED's to get some pix but they came out horrible. Practice and learning still. Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread but it is showing that I had success with my updates. I shot these RAW but sized them down a lot to pull up quicker.
View attachment 26683 View attachment 26684

Boludo, I am still impressed, but you have to realize I live in Kansas!! You photos are still something I would put on my wall. Good job, keep practicing. Of course I am also impressed you put your Phantom out over the water at night. Thanks for the post.

Must be the beta............. works on both my iPhone 6+ and iPad Air 2 on 8.4.

Just confirmed, I reverted my iPad back to iOS 8.4, and the replay works correctly again. Makes me wonder if the multiple flight paths recorded to Africa was also a function of iOS 9 Beta 4.

Just confirmed, I reverted my iPad back to iOS 8.4, and the replay works correctly again. Makes me wonder if the multiple flight paths recorded to Africa was also a function of iOS 9 Beta 4.
Most likely..flying with a beta iOS is probably not recommended... If not the cause of this issue would probably cause others.

Edit: I am up to date with 8.4 and have had no issues at all.

I still have FW 1.1.9 but updated the iOS app to GO. Works fine. However, I deliberately flew out of range. The P3 came back fine, but the app didn't automatically reconnect. I had to press the Home button and re-open the app (not a force quit). This never happened to me with 1.2.0. What could this be. For safety, I now downgraded back to 1.2.0.

Forgive the quality of the photos, but I wanted Oso to see the horizon difference on mine. Different pics, but first is before update, second is after update. The horizon is MUCH better after updating to newest firmware.

DJI_0507_08_09_10_11.jpg

DJI_0932_31_30_29_28.jpg

Reactions: Oso
Forgive the quality of the photos, but I wanted Oso to see the horizon difference on mine. Different pics, but first is before update, second is after update. The horizon is MUCH better after updating to newest firmware.

View attachment 26770

View attachment 26771
Hi snerd. I love your backyard!

Even your "before" shot has a more level horizon than I have ever had. Your "after" shot is a pipe dream for me. I still haven't sent her up since the IMU/gimbal calibrations yesterday, so maybe it's my turn to say it is fixed and I just don't know it yet. Hey, the NY Mets are in first place so anything is possible I guess!

Reactions: JoBe and snerd
Hi snerd. I love your backyard!

Even your "before" shot has a more level horizon than I have ever had. Your "after" shot is a pipe dream for me. I still haven't sent her up since the IMU/gimbal calibrations yesterday, so maybe it's my turn to say it is fixed and I just don't know it yet. Hey, the NY Mets are in first place so anything is possible I guess!
I remember the Miracle Mets! '69 wasn't it?!

I just got back from flying around a nearby park. P3A, Air 2, 1.3.2, GO app, 300A RC, extended channels enabled.

I set to custom and selected channel 32. I never changed since it was so quiet. I flew out to 2000' at about 350' altitude over a marsh near a fire station. I had some trees in my way at times, and several cell towers close by. Not a super long range test, but pretty far for me and it was not in an quiet area.

Not even a hint of any signal loss. Rock solid, and the P3A flew like a dream. I was very confident that I was in total control.

Also, the previously disabled VPS is now stable like it used to be. No drifting, no altitude loss. Very solid.

Also, my tilted horizon issue is much better now that I did a fresh IMU / gimbal calibration following the FW upgrade. It's still not perfect, but considering how bad it was before I am very happy. I tried it yesterday right after the FW install, but before a fresh IMU / gimbal calibration. There was no change when I checked the horizon yesterday. Today after the calibrations, the horizon is dramatically better.

Here's a short video to show the horizon during yaw which is when most people say they have the worst tilt. Like I said, still some tilt but WAY better. The video shows only a short part of the total flight so as not to bore the heck out of you guys.

I think it will take some serious new features for me to ever upgrade the app or FW again.

I really must give credit when it is due. Nice job DJI. I forgive you for the last FW.

Last edited:
Woohoo!!! Glad it worked out for you! I run just about the same setup as you. Yes, this update has been very nice indeed!

I just got back from flying around a nearby park. P3A, Air 2, 1.3.2, GO app, 300A RC, extended channels enabled.

I set to custom and selected channel 32. I never changed since it was so quiet. I flew out to 2000' at about 350' altitude over a marsh near a fire station. I had some trees in my way at times, and several cell towers close by. Not a super long range test, but pretty far for me and not in an otherwise quiet area.

Not even a hint of any signal loss. Rock solid, and the P3A flew like a dream. I was very confident that I was in total control.

Also, the previously disabled VPS is now stable like it used to be. No drifting, no altitude loss. Very solid.

Also, my tilted horizon issue is much better now that I did a fresh IMU / gimbal calibration following the FW upgrade. It's still not perfect, but considering how bad it was before I am very happy. I tried it yesterday right after the FW install, but before a fresh IMU / gimbal calibration. There was no change when I checked the horizon yesterday. Today after the calibrations, the horizon is dramatically better.

Here's a short video to show the horizon during yaw which is when most people say they have the worst tilt. Like I said, still some tilt but WAY better. The video shows only a short part of the total flight so as not to bore the heck out of you guys.

I think it will take some serious new features for me to ever upgrade the app or FW again.

I really must give credit when it is due. Nice job DJI. I forgive you for the last FW.

Nice shots! I have really been wanting to shoot the Oceanside pier but have been afraid of the heavy winds. Took it out over La Jolla today - so many seagulls >.<

I was flying it last night at la Jolla. Here are some pix. Also showing in my pix in the sunset shots that the horizon is now pretty level. That's 5 batteries and all horizon shots are much more level with the update. The horizon used to be horrible for me before.
0ccdf3e0457c40492f6906c2a6da6d77.jpg
bc6826d08ebd20d34cbd35b362bf5594.jpg
b38f2a8fadc885902119d275decb3c2d.jpg
4dd2ad2f138f228a26dee4265d3cc2b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realize you asked about IOS. Just want to report, as an Android user, that I updated the firmware and RC the traditional way, even though we're still waiting for the new app. Everything works fine, and even the current app seems smoother!

Reactions: snerd
Totally bummed. Cant get mine to update. Followed instructions and when I download update onto SD card then put in P3 it blinks green for 10 seconds then nothing. Supposed to blink red and green for 20 min to update. Any idea what is going on....

I've just done a complete firmware/IMU/gimbal update and calibration on mine.
Also updated the app to the new GO app. Just waiting for the batteries to charge before I take it for its maiden flight with the new setup.
Will see how it goes.

On initial startup after FW update I tried to do a gimbal cal using the new app but couldn't get an image on my ipad. Then remembered that last week I did instal the new HDMI board and maybe the con cable wasn't seated properly, took the cover off and tried re-seating the cable in the connector on the board and all's good now......phew..

Totally bummed. Cant get mine to update. Followed instructions and when I download update onto SD card then put in P3 it blinks green for 10 seconds then nothing. Supposed to blink red and green for 20 min to update. Any idea what is going on....
Have you cleared everything off your SD card?
I always make sure everything is off it and it only has the .bin file on it before updating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic