Who's been flying with new Firmware and Go App

Anyone notice a much smoother dynamic braking on 70% with the new firmware? Mine seems to transition into dynamic braking far smoother and quieter.

Went to 1.3.2 and DJI Go. Solid...... Just like 1.1.9 , no wandering around.
About 6 hours flying on 1.3.2 so far. Had to quit because of the heat 100+

I flew 3 batteries this morning on the GO app and the new firmware, I was going to wait but as I have yet to have a problem with any firmware update I thought why not. Well, the bird flew perfect, other that resetting my control settings to default (I had the yaw & braking turned down) all was good. The first flight was to check all of the settings and check for stability, no problems, I flew out to 2000' and in a loop at that distance at 200' without any signal issues, iPad air did NOT heat up as much after all 3 batteries as it did before. I know someone stated his did, but mine remained barely warm to the touch, hovering with VPS on was rock solid with no drifting (almost no wind) and the temp was 80º. The horizon WAS tilted on the first battery (I didn't calibrate it) but was level on the 2nd & 3rd after being calibrated. On the last battery I took it out to 5380', or 1 mile to check video feed, no blips, fades, or rolls and full signal at 300' alt. So all in all seems to be working just fine for me, but then again I didn't have any issues on any of the other updates. Now just waiting for POI/Orbit/Follow Me to be implemented.

Lol. This must be the best thread I have read and followed in a very long time with nothing but good results, and no arguing which is another bonus. Lol maybe time to break a long awaited update for my bird.

Yeah, I have a complaint; ME! I upgraded etc. took it out for the maiden flight and noticed at about 2300 feet away my signal was breaking up. No big heart ache but I was surprised that it was breaking up "so close". I then noticed that in my haste I forgot to straighten out the antennas, they were still crisscrossed in back of the controller! Apart from the PDA (Pilot Dumb ***) absolutely no complaints! My question is, how do I go on a rant against myself?? :)
LOL!!! Been there done that.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Hi snerd! I was amazed at the range that I got with the antenna tucked away like that!
Yep. Now fold them out, attach one of the antenna boosters, then prepare to be amazed at the range!! I won't tell you how far, because it upsets some members.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438806740.672817.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: bimmy
Upgrade smooth like Snerd's! Getting ready to fly here in a bit. I think if I read Snerd's posts my phantom flies better, too! [emoji12]

Sent from my PT beating heart

Reactions: snerd
Anyone who has actually flown with the new firmware and Go App for IOS got anything good or bad to report. More bad really as im trying to decide if to update or not. I know a few have had problems with TX and battery updates ect ect but what about bugs for flying.

Three flights with the GO app and new FW on P3P, controller and batteries. Also using the new HDMI board.

No issues.

:harry

Perfection. And since Snerd is retired and sleeps most of the day I am happy to report that all updating went smoothly, battery updates x 6 smooth, and the extremely occasional and minor horizon issue appears to be resolved. I think I went flying before he did! [emoji13]. Went thru two batteries and the bird will be put thru the paces this weekend at the farm!

Sent from my PT beating heart

THis is a really dumb question, but is the GO app the Pilot APp? If so, why is everyone calling it GO? I am trying to update controller via android, ipad isnt available to me at the moment

I'm really impressed with this update, my P3A definitely feels more responsive. I've even turned the VPS back on and I was testing how low I could go, something I dared not do before because it seemed to struggle to maintain its height. I also like the fact that you can download full versions of your pics straight to your ipad, it all seems a little easier to use.
I can't wait for POI and follow me functions now.

After upgrading app, bird and RC with success msgs on both txt files is there any way to further verify bird, camera, gimbal, battery are all at correct level. Also do you need to keep .bin file on sd or is it only needed if you want to upgrade additional battery's?
In the app, click on the camera icon then click Mode up near the top left.
Click the 4 dots in bottom left and go to the bottom of the page and click About.
This will show what firmware versions you have. You have to have the Tx and Phantom connected to see their versionss.
Once you've done your updating there is no need to leave the files on the sd card.

Took mine out since updating the firmware yesterday night. Did an IMU Calibration, and a compass calibration tonight before taking off. Everything went flawlessly. I noticed a few days ago when I updated the P3A to 1.2.8 I notice it was jittery when hovering but other than that it seemed ok. Tonight with the new firmware it hovered steady and ran smooth. I still haven't taken it the distance. There's a sealift and coas guard boat across the bay I'd love to fly over to and get footage by am scared of the range and distance.
DJI_0005.jpg
DJI_0006.jpg
DJI_0007.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik