Who's been flying with new Firmware and Go App

Reaction score
Anyone who has actually flown with the new firmware and Go App for IOS got anything good or bad to report. More bad really as im trying to decide if to update or not. I know a few have had problems with TX and battery updates ect ect but what about bugs for flying.

Thanks for this thread. I will be lurking for sure. No way I do an update until the coast is clear.

I updated yesterday and flew it right after in 15 mph winds. No issues to report. Even turned on vps which seemed to work. Bird held steady as a rock while hovering.
As for the app. From what I can tell not much as change in the actual pilots view of the app at least nothing I could notice.
And finally the horizon seemed solid. I never had issues but it seemed to hold it well, too.

Anyone who has actually flown with the new firmware and Go App for IOS got anything good or bad to report. More bad really as im trying to decide if to update or not. I know a few have had problems with TX and battery updates ect ect but what about bugs for flying.
I have seen no new issues with 12 flights now 6 on pro 6 on advanced
For my advanced which suffered from VPS issues it seems to be good again
however Both my birds still have the horizon issue off and on good one direction off most others
And yes Ive done all the fixes available Its not my first rodeo I own 3 current or have owned 9 birds from phantom to p3

I had a few flights yesterday with the new firmware and DJI GO App and no issues and also turned on VPS. One think I did notice is that my iPad mini 3/IOS9 ran much cooler and I did not get any video lag/cutout that I was experiencing with the Version of the SDK I was running.

Oh I now your at a newbie to it sky. Glad we're getting positive results with it all tho, not really heard anything bad so far which is a really nice change, and maybe a first after a update. Happy days

My iOS auto-updated and even though I saw something about the new DJI Go app being compatible back to 1.1.9, I upgraded because others feared there would be incompatibility. (Although I didn't try it before doing the firmware update).

All I did was test the unit out briefly after the upgrade. Maybe 100' up and went 1000' away. No loss of signal, bird flew just like it did on 1.1.9, so that's good news. I didn't do all the batteries though and it sounds like that's necessary.

Flew mine today after update and it flew like a dream. No VPS issues. Hovered 1/2 meter from the ground and flew around field rock steady.

Basically I'm really pleased and it was very windy today, just at the start if a storm as it turned out.

Looking forward to the new modes to be available.

Some have slated DJI on this forum but I think they've done ok. Let's face it the P3 is the best drone out there.

After upgrading app, bird and RC with success msgs on both txt files is there any way to further verify bird, camera, gimbal, battery are all at correct level. Also do you need to keep .bin file on sd or is it only needed if you want to upgrade additional battery's?

Yeah, I have a complaint; ME! I upgraded etc. took it out for the maiden flight and noticed at about 2300 feet away my signal was breaking up. No big heart ache but I was surprised that it was breaking up "so close". I then noticed that in my haste I forgot to straighten out the antennas, they were still crisscrossed in back of the controller! Apart from the PDA (Pilot Dumb ***) absolutely no complaints! My question is, how do I go on a rant against myself?? :)

Everything still all seems good so far tho with the flying aspect of things. Please remember guys to keep this post clear for results after firmware updates and not problems during updating. We have enough threads all ready for that. Cheers all and let's hope we have more good results with flying on this one as all seems good so far tho.

Mine flew spot on, though wasn,t 100% stable when hovering

DJI Go + new firmware. Calibrated everything. Flies perfect. Just got back. iPad did not overheat (usually does). Hardware decode on, video cache off.

Can you upgrade you're fw directly from 1.1.9 to the latest one or do i have to upgrade to fw 1.26 first before upgrading to the the latest fw ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik