whoooo hooooo ive got one

Reaction score
hey hey my fellow phantomers

i have now got one up and running ( took awhile for some reason but Justinj who i bought it off helped me out big style so thanks again justin most appreciated)

i took out outside (front street)
neighbour in the background was like...ooo look ufo ahahaha made me smile (it was dark)

didnt seem to last 5 mins....so spare batter is a must

i couldnt beleive how sensitive the remote was...yet how sturdy the drone is if left to hover!!

i was quite nervous when it first took off haha

QUESTION
i got some quick release prop guards (the ones where you screw 4 bolts into the drone)

i screwed them in diagonally and not too tight either
but when i flipped it up the grey things that the props sit on looked wonky?
surely they are meant to be level ?
ive tried to keep them straight but they just dont seem right?

anyone know what im talking about haha

but when i flipped it up the grey things that the props sit on looked wonky
If you're referring to the motors, they are all slightly angled by design.

Collage 2015-12-23 21_06_04.jpg
this seems abit too much tho
All are differe too
How do you ballance them etc

That looks okay to me. If you're not sure you installed the screws properly, remove them and reinstall them. Put a bit of pressure on the top of the motor to make sure the base is touching the arm before you insert the screws.

There is no way to level the motors. They are supposed to be angled.

that reassures me thanks
i turned it upside down and rested it on the motors as i installed them
yeah ive just finished puting them back on lol
many thanks

FYI, if you decide to remove the prop guards at some point, you should use the original motor screws. If you put the long screws in without the prop guards on, you will destroy your motors.

yeah i have kept them safe
theres abit of string that came with the prop guards too ?

31d60ca5-383d-4023-9878-f52cebe2a3d1_zps2ac782d1.jpg

Reactions: Regan9172
Msinger, That's not a Phantom 3, look at the battery? It's not wide enough. Wooden props? What is that thing? A clone.
It's not mine. The OP was asking what to do with the string. I was showing what it's used for :)

still...what is its purpose?
act a a barrier in between the guards ?
Personally I have never used prop guards. It is a personal preference. Just a friendly bit of advice for you if you use the string. Keep an eye on it & if it gets any fraying to it, replace. There was a member a while back that was flying & the string broke & wound up getting wrapped in one of the motors. It crashed & tore up his quad pretty bad.
Good luck & enjoy it.

Reactions: dirkclod
Congrats on your new bird! I didn't string the guards together, just ran the string under each guard. (See pic below)
It's not nearly as much protection, but better than nothing, and I get the guards off/on quickly.

You'll quickly see a second battery is good, but a 3rd and 4th is better... Once you get to something you want to
photograph, it's nice to have all the power you need. This hobby gets expensive quickly... as most of my hobbies are....

Enjoy!!!!

02817EB1-485D-4807-AFBA-20AF722FD645_zpst5tfrtua.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31