Who Is Your Dealer and Why?

Reaction score
There are several Phantom Dealers, and of course everyone's experience will be different, but what is YOUR experience/opinion as to dealers?

I've used Heli-World and am in the process of evaluating them with regard to a problem I've been having.

Recent update as of 1/3/2014. HeliWorld has instructed me to contact DJI with my "brick in the sky" problem. I have and DJI has told me to ship the Phantom to their repair HQ in California. HeliWorld has not, thus far, offered to repair or replace. So, we are still in the process of seeing how good their customer rep department is.

No idea where you live, but in the US I've used B&H photo and Atlanta Hobby.
More experience with B&H and have never had a problem with them.
I probably would have used Atlanta Hobby for the new Vision because they are a "hobby" store.
Both are DJI dealers.
My wife bought it for me for Christmas and didn't know where to go and through searching found B&H.
When I opened it there was no second battery.
I called and the immediately shipped the battery.
Free shipping on most purchases is common with them.

I purchased from DroneFly (three weeks ago) and had a very good experience.

I bought my Phantom from B&H Photo Video right about the time the v1.1.1 was coming out. An older model arrived so I called and they put me through to a guy who knew a lot about Phantoms and was well versed in what features came with what version numbers. He even went so far as to call the buyer and find out when the first shipment of v1.1.1s were coming in and had no problem exchanging it for me.

I buy from UAVdirect.com
Great support and service! Last month I had an uncontrollable flyaway which was attributed to a defective Phantom. I was lucky enough to find the quad. No hassle, I returned it and they immediately sent me a new replacement (v1.1.1).

I also bought from UAVDirect. I went to their store in Liberty Hill, Texas and met Jake Lahmann and the owner of the company. They have the advantage of being only 30 minutes away from the DJI offices in Austin where Colin is based. Their customer service has been outstanding! I've been in there 4 or 5 times and I saw the same great customer service being given to other people while I was there. He even helped a guy that had problems with a Phantom that the guys wife had bought from another dealer! They really go out of their way to help. I even received a text message from Jake on a Sunday night in regards to my crashed Vision! That really surprised me as they are closed on Sundays.

Jake has been so good to me that I joke to my friends that he's "Jake from State Farm". Those around the US will know what I'm talking about.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

http://www.canadadrones.com/ based in Mississauga ON. Canada.

Owner Dany has been completely awesome. He has answered every stupid newbie question I have ever asked. Often answering before I finish my question. He is a complete pro and innovator. He has been there, done it, read the book, waiting on the movie kinda guy. Dany has been featured on CBC television. There is nothing he does not know about the UAV industry.

He will tell you what you need and not what is the most expensive. Fantastic customer service. Operates out of his home.

Martin

Bunger said:
Has anyone used IntelligentUAS? I may order from them today....

I've ordered from them with no issues ($1000+), and they have a pretty solid reputation. One of the items in the bundle I ordered was missing a part, and they replaced the item with no hassle. From what I understand, the owners may not speak English terribly well, but whoever handled my return seemed to be fine with it.

I believe they're still listed as one of DJI's "official" vendors, so by purchasing from them you'll still be in that network, for whatever that's worth.

B&H PHOTO in NY.
Excellent service and fast shipping.
Very reputable. I bought my P2V just before the free battery deal. I called and asked them about it and they had a free battery at my door the next day.

Those guys are great.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic