who is using android with mavic?

Reaction score
is anyone else using a android phone when they get the mavic? I'm getting a little worried after reading several threads about 6.0 not working with dji go. anyone else worried about this?

I have an Android phone and the DJI Go app has always worked perfectly. I'm currently on Android 7.0 and it works.

I have also used my S7edge with no issues but i also read people that were having issues were sometimes corrected by enabling Developer options and switching USB to MTP

Reactions: kmaluo
Having switched to a Samsung s7 Edge from iPhone recently I am hoping to use android with the Mavic, although I will need to use my old iPhone at times for Autopilot.

Not strictly related but do any of you long term Android users know how to move the DJI GO media files over to SD Card? I am thinking the video cache and I use it with an Osmo Mobile and it saves it all to the phone memory which is pitifully small?

Having switched to a Samsung s7 Edge from iPhone recently I am hoping to use android with the Mavic, although I will need to use my old iPhone at times for Autopilot.

Not strictly related but do any of you long term Android users know how to move the DJI GO media files over to SD Card? I am thinking the video cache and I use it with an Osmo Mobile and it saves it all to the phone memory which is pitifully small?
I was hoping for an easy answer to your Android SD card storage too. I use a 32 gig Note 4 for Osmobile and have to manually move files to the card when doing much in the way of shooting and I've been doing some light poking around looking for a way to default the initial storage to the card, and so far haven't found anything.

If I do, I'll reply to this thread, and perhaps you would do likewise. Loving the Osmo Mobile (have an Osmo too).

I'm suddenly hooked on Motion Lapse, though head scratching that it never lets me set up for anything longer than 20 minutes.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was hoping for an easy answer to your Android SD card storage too. I use a 32 gig Note 4 for Osmobile and have to manually move files to the card when doing much in the way of shooting and I've been doing some light poking around looking for a way to default the initial storage to the card, and so far haven't found anything.

If I do, I'll reply to this thread, and perhaps you would do likewise. Loving the Osmo Mobile (have an Osmo too).

I'm suddenly hooked on Motion Lapse, though head scratching that it never lets me set up for anything longer than 20 minutes.

I have an answer to your 20 minute time limit as I ran into the same issue. The duration is dependent on the amount of movement between your start point and end point, also helps if you have more than two points. I think they have a minimum 'speed' in order to keep it smooth. Hope that helps.

And yup, I will reply back here if I find a solution to the storage location.

Sorry for hijacking the thread everyone.

Beautiful! Thank you. Figured it was related to lack of available memory on the phone internal drive. Much appreciated - love it when it's fixable with know how instead of hardware deficiencies.

is anyone else using a android phone when they get the mavic? I'm getting a little worried after reading several threads about 6.0 not working with dji go. anyone else worried about this?

Won't be a problem.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have an S7 Edge and I too thought my phone was OK... until it rebooted mid flight.

To move the files over, go to your Gallery; select the folder where they're currently stored; Select "More" in the top right corner; select "Edit"; select the videos you want to move; select "More" again; then "Move to album". Either create a new one on your SD card or make one before you start this process. That easy. Hope it helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31