Who is using an IPAD?

Reaction score
Iphone was definitely feeling cramped for control....

Been using a mini for the last week (after rigging up a way to mount it), and it's definitely better.... so now Im thinking, if the mini is good, would the iPad be great?

Ipad Air's are cheap (and light), so Im considering this for my control device.

Besides the fact that Ill need to figure out ANOTHER mounting rig, any downside to using an iPad?

I use iPad Air and love it. I use

Satechi ST-TP01 Car Holder Mount for 5" - 10" Smartphones & Tablets

$20 on Amazon

I use a HoodiVision sunscreen

RedRyderMedia said:

$20 on Amazon

Nice.... so does the ball mount actually fit on the existing phantom ball?

Also. which hoodivision world with that mount? They have a few versions...

Thanks!!

I can't download the APP for my iPad mini. when I log in to download, the app won't appear as available. Any suggestions.

Lowepg said:
RedRyderMedia said:

$20 on Amazon

Nice.... so does the ball mount actually fit on the existing phantom ball?

Also. which hoodivision world with that mount? They have a few versions...

Thanks!!
Yes the ball mount is the same. I use it too but don't like the way the sticky pad on the back left a ring and residue on my ipad cover.

liketogethigh said:
Is weight an issue when attaching an iPad to the controller?

It is considerably heavier than a phone, but the battery life alone more than makes up for it. I find that the battery on my iPhone 5 runs out long before I'm ready to go home! The iPad is much better for long runs.

I downloaded a file from here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18822&hilit=+sharing and got my local 3D printer shop to run me up a few. Works great.

krsdj1 said:
RedRyderMedia said:

$20 on Amazon

any idea how I can mount this to my controller
You unscrew the nut on the phone holder and pull it off the ball. Take the tablet holder slip the nut over the ball pop the tablet holder on the ball, tighten up the nut amd install your tablet.

The Retina also has roughly 4 times the performance of the non-Retina. I have had both, but traded in my non-retina for a retina mini, so no way to compare. But the extra CPU power HAS to help, I would think.

Miguel said:
is there a great difference between retina display and normal display?

We have 3 Ipads floating around our house (gen 1, 2 and 3) and a mini.

I would have gladly used one of my older ipads, but only opted for the air because of the reduced WEIGHT.

Also, with new Apple gear on the horizon, buying the 1-gernation old stuff is super affordable! I just got a 16G ipad air in mint condition for $320.... thats a no brainer for my phantom rig.

KillerRC said:
I use an iPad mini and love the bigger screen. Lots easier to navigate the camera settings too. Longer battery life too, compared to an iPhone.
vq0HrA.jpg
[/url]

Nice set-up. I've been using an iPad mini, much better then my iphone, just because the screen is bigger.

Question though: isn't it better to keep the antenne horizontal, so it is NOT pointing towards your Phantom...? I'm not sure, but that's what I read here somewhere and have been doing since.

I like this idea and am going to try it, but I wonder if an iPad, or iPad mini would interfere with the signal between the controller or the wifi extender and the Vision. I usually fly with mine pretty much right above me, and sometimes I lose my signal momentarily and think it is because my head is leaned in too much and in the way of the signal, so I step back out of the way and give a better path between my extender and my Vision.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20