Who here is a certified pilot?

Private, SEL since 1997. No longer current, but considering re-upping.

Note: the FAA certifies aircraft, and licenses pilots.

I have about 40 hours in 152s and 172s, probably half of that solo. I passed my written exam and needed two more x-country solos and a check ride for my private license. Then I was transferred and stopped flying :( .

johncanfield said:
I have about 40 hours in 152s and 172s, probably half of that solo. I passed my written exam and needed two more x-country solos and a check ride for my private license. Then I was transferred and stopped flying :( .
You can't quit that close!!! Do it - you won't be sorry.

Single engine
Land
VFR

Haven't flown since 1997.

The FAA is all about pilots, airplanes and flying.

What a surprise that they want a license! Lol!

Commercial, MEL, instrument, 10,000 total time, BE-400, LJ-35/55, BE-300/350/1900, CE-500' 501, 550

I currently fly for a major overnight delivery company. I'm an ATP rated pilot and fly 767's on international routes. Started the summer after graduating from high school in 1980 and got my PPL in 6 weeks. Flight instructed, did bank runs and flew for Skywest before my current job. Close to 19,000 hours now. I find it's as much fun flying my P2 as it is flying a 767! I've taken my P2 all over the world and flown it in many countries. Fun stuff!

SteveMann said:
SilentAV8R said:
doug86 said:
Note: the FAA certifies aircraft, and licenses pilots.

Take a look at this page

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/
"Pilot License" is a colloquial term that defines all levels of pilot certification.
Just like "drone" defines all UAV's.

Yes, I understand that. Which is why I posted the link that I did where the FAA refers to both a "license" and a "certificate". Both are right and neither is wrong.

SilentAV8R said:
Yes, I understand that. Which is why I posted the link that I did where the FAA refers to both a "license" and a "certificate". Both are right and neither is wrong.
Apparently it's always been both, but in legal proceedings it's always called a certificate.

pilot%20certificate.jpg

I don't have a private pilot license but I did the full theoretical exams some 20 years ago, and passed.
Got a couple lessons on a Cessna 152 but stopped when I realised I would probably never finish it due to time and cost.
The navigation, meteo, regulations and other knowledge required for the theoretical part helps me a lot in flying any RC craft but also in sailing my yacht for which I do have a ICC license for coastal waters.

I received my Pilots certificate in 1982, my Airframe and Powerplant mechanics certificate in 1982 and 1983.

Had to give up my aspirations years ago. My brain simply could not grasp the concept of left foot forward to go left.
Bike, box cart, motorbike all forward on the right to turn left.

My tutor advised me to quit- and that the problem was unsolvable. Apparently many Germans had this problem in the war and the controls were reversed on their gliders.

Certified amphibious pilot, fun stuff when flew in Florida but wasnt allowed to taxi out of harbors wanted too here in Ca so sold aircraft this spring.

ATP rated with Airframe & Powerplant certifications. 6500 hours from flight instructing early in, single and twin engine charter, and most recently, flying a Cessna Citation for Netjets. A number of years ago, I got sick of being away from home all the time, so I left commercial aviation for a more grounded job. They were good years of my life though, and I saw many places that I never would have otherwise. Having my pilot's license also made it nice and easy to get my Part107 rating too.

PP
SEL
Complex
Not instrument rated.
1k+ hours

I have instruction time in a B17 where Chuck Yeager, Bud "Andy" Anderson, and two local pilots were flying P51's in formation with us. Highlight of my flying career, plus General Yeager signed my logbook!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj