who has successfully downgraded with no problems

i don't use home lock or course lock. the first time i tried it neither worked at all. the second time i tried it, weeks and an upgrade later, they did. I haven't tried them since. RTH was activated by the loss of signal not me hitting a switch. 15 seconds later it turned around then started heading out again (away from me). flipping the s1 down to RTH then back up (to take control) was what put it back on its RTH path. i still wasn't able to regain control for a bit. had to wait till it got closer. i suspect that every house i flew over has wifi and that may be why i can control an "away facing" plus over 1000 feet further than i can a plus facing me.

neoneo said:
i just deleted the old version, downloaded the new, then plugged in the drone to my mac with the tx on. after update (actually a downgrade) i calibrated. i'm going to fly now. today's day 3 of rain around here but i got a break so I'm gonna fly now

How did you delete the version 3.02? Have you reset the Phantom internally?
Greetz

DEVILone said:
neoneo said:
i just deleted the old version, downloaded the new, then plugged in the drone to my mac with the tx on. after update (actually a downgrade) i calibrated. i'm going to fly now. today's day 3 of rain around here but i got a break so I'm gonna fly now

Greetz

He means he deleted the version of Assistant he had on his mac, then he downloaded the 1.08 version and did the downgrade.

D

drmgcm69 said:
DEVILone said:
neoneo said:

Greetz

He means he deleted the version of Assistant he had on his mac, then he downloaded the 1.08 version and did the downgrade.

D
yea i totally botched that! sorry

My mistake was that i had tried downgrade to 2.0 with the Assistent. Then I need the name and password für "door". By 1.08 there were no problems.

Just "downgraded" my firmware to 1.08 to try, and must say I am pleased!
Very stable and responsive, home lock & course lock worked just fine. No issues what so ever, this in spite quite heavy winds (phantom was side-ways in just holding GPS lock).

In conclusion: guess I am very lucky but booth new as well as old firmware is great on my Phantom + :D

neoneo said:
i absolutely love 1.08. just don't come straight down. thats my only concern but descending faster is the reason i downgraded. has anyone tried giving full down throttle with no issues?

I am on 1.08 as well (love it!) and have done full throttle down multiple times (short bursts from way up high) with no issues. I always try to have a forward motion when coming down, however.

MattUNI2001 said:
neoneo said:
i absolutely love 1.08. just don't come straight down. thats my only concern but descending faster is the reason i downgraded. has anyone tried giving full down throttle with no issues?

I am on 1.08 as well (love it!) and have done full throttle down multiple times (short bursts from way up high) with no issues. I always try to have a forward motion when coming down, however.
that makes me feel a lot better

Took me a little bit to find the file, but another successful downgrade here. Just went out and went thru 2 batts to check it out. Coming down at an angle now is alot smoother for me. No more jumping around. Def made it easier for this noob.

This is awesome news guys, glad your all liking it, and so long as you have that forward airspeed on and not coming down in your own rotor wash, you will be fine.

For those that are doing short bursts of quick descents with no forward airspeed, just be careful, you can get away with it if there
is a head wind present, but in still air you are more likely to hit vortex ring.

Fly and have fun guys :D

I want to downgrade to 1.08 from 3.04, I just need the Assistant with version 1.08 and that's it?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

if your one of four blades broke in mid air, this new update helps the phantom heavy loads landed easily. really, i witnessed my self of that. :|

Flying the Phantom 2+ and I'm having horrible luck with 3.04 - drifting all over the place - losing altitude, gps lock takes a lot longer, and can't seem to fly in a straight line any more. I've managed to track down both the 2.0 and 1.8 assistant, but can't figure out how to downgrade. Launching the assistant I would have thought it'd be somewhat straightforward but the Assistant keeps telling me that I must update the main controller firmware to the new version if I want to look at any other parameters, and Clicking the "No updates" link prompts me for a username and password. If I use my username and password it forces me to the 3.04 update.

Any advice on how to get this back to 1.08? or even 3.0 that it shipped with would be better.

toddhacker said:
Flying the Phantom 2+ and I'm having horrible luck with 3.04 - drifting all over the place - losing altitude, gps lock takes a lot longer, and can't seem to fly in a straight line any more. I've managed to track down both the 2.0 and 1.8 assistant, but can't figure out how to downgrade. Launching the assistant I would have thought it'd be somewhat straightforward but the Assistant keeps telling me that I must update the main controller firmware to the new version if I want to look at any other parameters, and Clicking the "No updates" link prompts me for a username and password. If I use my username and password it forces me to the 3.04 update.

Any advice on how to get this back to 1.08? or even 3.0 that it shipped with would be better.

Download version 1.08 from there: http://droneslinger.com/software.html

There is not installation to do, just launch Phantom2.exe once your Phantom is connected. Go to the upgrade tab, login is it's asking you to then click on the 1.08 link and just do like you would normally do for most recent firmware. Once completed, just reboot your Phantom.

I just did that and it work fine, I'm going to test it out now....

golgotha said:
I downgraded from 3.2 to 1.08 tonight on P2, and now I've lost all X1 input from the transmitter, which used to control the H3-2d gimbal. I've tried recalibrating but no joy.

I was able to regain full control of X1 by doing a full calibration using the RC assistant software, then again using the Phantom assistant software.
Thought I would share.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers