Who has not crashed or had issues with phantom drone

Reaction score
Having read through lots of postings about damage and repairs, fly always and losses I was wondering how many users have good news stories and str still flying their original drone. As a newbie I was curious if I can expect to get weeks, months or years of enjoyment from my new purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is actually my post, can someone tell me how to delete an account on this forum.

Just few weeks experience with P3A and no real issues caused by the equipment nor the software.
One tip over caused by almost panicking when, after auto takeoff in GPS mode the craft started to drift and I cut down the power. Recalibrated compass and all was well after that.
No problems with firmware nor android app updates.
My only gripe is lack of clear documentation from DJI.
Users should not be forced to search forums for basic instructions.
As it is, I still don't know how to check if both of my batteries got firmware updates or, is there a shortcut to reset the home position to the location of controller or craft.

I have had my P3S since early January and my P3A since February and have had no problems. But they both have a small crack by the motor mount screws on one arm.

P3S since February, suffered an ESC failure requiring 2 trips to DJI. It's just my luck though, ESC fails are rare and you shouldn't count on it happening. I have been flying great since

P3P since 12/15. No problems to report. Works great.

As it is, I still don't know how to check if both of my batteries got firmware updates or, is there a shortcut to reset the home position to the location of controller or craft.

To check the firmware version of the battery, you need to check the txt file that gets written to the sd card during upgrade. Then after the first battery gets upgraded (during your main upgrade of the air craft), you will power down, put in your next battery, and repeat the upgrade process. This time it will be faster, as only the battery will need upgrading. When complete, check the txt file again for confirmation.

To reset the home location, there is a teardrop icon on the left with the letter H inside it. When flying, if you press it, it will expand out with two options. One is to reset home to the current aircraft position, the other to the current position of your phone/tablet.

Reactions: Romenfree
In answer to the original question, Yes, there are hundreds of phantom pilots who have never crashed or reported problems of any kind. Those flights just don't get on the forum, and don't need to.

People post things about problems with their phantoms, or they post about a flyaway or crash. But, for every problem post there are thousands of hours of successful flights that people don't post about. I mean, you wouldn't post something about every good flight you made, the forum would be swamped with boring posts.

I take every disaster I read about with a grain of salt. As it has been said, 99% of flights that end badly are from pilot error, and/or poor pre-flight preparations. Just by following some guidelines for pre-flight checks and getting in the practice time you need, you will avoid most of the issues you read about. Just my humble opinion.

Just few weeks experience with P3A and no real issues caused by the equipment nor the software.
One tip over caused by almost panicking when, after auto takeoff in GPS mode the craft started to drift and I cut down the power. Recalibrated compass and all was well after that.
No problems with firmware nor android app updates.
My only gripe is lack of clear documentation from DJI.
Users should not be forced to search forums for basic instructions.

one issue with documentation is that as fast as printed it is no longer valid.
the firmware , DJI GO, and all the features, are growing and changing amazingly fast thus making last weeks document incomplete or wrong maybe.
We have features now that were not included at first and they continue to expand.
Keep them coming DJI!

The DJI site has many videos and doc for viewing
but best info is from good research (google and proper key words) and fellow operators like here.

That's the nature of a forum.
No one cares about boring good experiences (who would?) so only negative goes online for the most part.
It's like this in every hobby. If you go to forums you always have to read with the realization that for every post on here there are literally thousands of people (millions maybe, I don't know the sales numbers) who are just flying around having a good time with no need to even look for a forum.

EDIT: Looks likie MiQuad beat me to that one!

Reactions: Great_Lakes
Bought first P2 vision+ in Jan 2015 and have bought , flown and resold 5 phantoms since.
All were great to fly and worked perfectly the day I sold them....

Currently have a P3pro that I bought used from B&H in December 2015
it is updated to all current FW etc and flying perfectly fine with no issues..

good luck and have fun flying!

I am now over 150 flights and over 1,000,000 feet flown and have never had any problems and am still on my original set of props on my P3A.

got over 100 flights & 60miles travel with my Phantoms, had some near misses & some stupid maneuvers caused by myself. Nothing serious enough that I would call it a "crash" & never done anything they shouldn't of

over 1000 different birds flown. P1 P2 P3 P4 I1 S800 S900 S1000, haven't had a crash yet... (really knocking on the wood right now :) )

I have 2,230,000 flight feet on my p3A thats over 400 miles! the only issue was some minor stress cracks thats it but I replaced the top shell myself and change my props every ten hours!

70 flights with 489 miles two phantom 3 advanced

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    296 KB · Views: 518
Well feel much better now, was worried that this might be either and extremely short duration hobby or a very expensive one. Thanks for all the responses.

I've had mine P3A since November and had no problems. I've had the occasional weak signal notification pop up but it's never lasted more than a few seconds. I will say that I have learned a ton from this forum. I feel like I have avoided a few issues due to problems experienced by others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20