Who has never had a problem with their Phantom?

How many issues?

• never had one

Votes: 189 68.0%
  • just a minor quirk

Votes: 64 23.0%
  • needed a trip to DJI for service

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • first one didn't last

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
I installed them on my replacement they sent me. Hopefully no cracks.
Wish I had done on the first one. Replaced the body and proved flight worthy after a couple of quick test runs. Sold it and was going to sit the winter out, but all the deals pulled me back into another P3. I wish the camera was better but the platform itself is so solid. Flew almost 200 flights and 2 million feet so got lucky to catch the cracking problem right before it would have crashed my drone (Bondic does not fix it!)

I see many tales from hell here, but few happy stories. I would like to know how many here have never had an issue with their copter? Maybe a little glitch is no biggie, but for the most part, who has unboxed and just started flying and never stopped?
the percentage of people who dont have problems would be very high you only hear on these sort of forums from the small percentage who do encounter problem although a lot are probably the users fault and not the actual phantom itself. But before everyone jumps on my back that is what forums like this are for, helping others with problems weather technical or just plain stupidity. In any walk of life when you buy something that is mass produced weather its cheap as chips or bloody expensive there will always be problems but you only hear the negative stuff!!

Own 2 PH 3, old and new motor ones, have all of issues reported, cracking, drifting, vibration, compass error, gps glitch, controller problem, FW upgrade problem, week signal, spinning, never crash doe, and very happy with this CC, very intriguing and challenging
Thanks

I see many tales from hell here, but few happy stories. I would like to know how many here have never had an issue with their copter? Maybe a little glitch is no biggie, but for the most part, who has unboxed and just started flying and never stopped?
Happy stories aren't interesting so people aren't going to post because they had an uneventful flight.
But people come here in droves to ask for help with problems.
Walk into your local big hospital accident and emergency department and ask how many healthy people are present.
My P3 (original everything) has logged 344 km of safe flying (and probably another 50 km not logged or deleted) since April.
The P3 is a great workhorse and keeps doing just what's asked of it.
i-99kdh9m-L.png

Owned me p3p two months so far over 200 flights. I've only had one problem thus far. Losing power and falling from the sky. Fortunately was replaced fully under Dji warranty turn around time was about 24-25 days. Just got my bird back last week and have been flying it daily . No problems or hiccups thus far. Very impressed with the performance and really glad I can stretch her legs some now.

i have never had any problems with my phantom 3 or my phantom 2 they have been fantastic. i thought i had a problem with the phantom 3 drifting when i first got it but noticed on the flight log i was pressing the lever left without knowing so i tried again taking more care and have never had the problem since so that was my fault.

Original release P3P. No stress cracks. 106 flights / about 15 hours. I did experience the tilted horizon gimbal and video signal drops a number of firmwares ago, but both have been corrected.

I am still rockin my phantom fc40 for almost 2 years now. She is modded like crazy and I still have never had a problem with it. Only 1 1/2 crashes and it was my fault messing around in manual mode

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: rcfanatics
I've never had an issue with my P3. Then again I've been very careful to follow preflight check lists, and flight conditions prior to take off. I also follow various threads related to bad firmware and generally wait to upgrade till others say the coast is clear.

Having said that I try to pay attention to flight characteristics related to certain firmware. I've noticed drift on calm days from time to time but nothing that couldn't be adjusted. I've also been very careful in selecting aftermarket upgrades and add ons. Use common sense, be respectful of flight patterns, and remember responsible pilots are ambassadors. Help others understand what we do. Have fun

Happy flying

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453386790.431208.jpg

Reactions: DaveD
I've never had an issue with my P3. Then again I've been very careful to follow preflight check lists, and flight conditions prior to take off. I also follow various threads related to bad firmware and generally wait to upgrade till others say the coast is clear.

Having said that I try to pay attention to flight characteristics related to certain firmware. I've noticed drift on calm days from time to time but nothing that couldn't be adjusted. I've also been very careful in selecting aftermarket upgrades and add ons. Use common sense, be respectful of flight patterns, and remember responsible pilots are ambassadors. Help others understand what we do. Have fun

Happy flying

View attachment 41339
Just curious, what is the temp there during the pictured flight? How much did it affect your battery and other stuff? It's a nice pic and with an impending storm here in the north east I am thinking of doing the same if it will not have adverse effects on my quad. Thanks.

I'm still pretty new, but ~50 flights no problems. This thing is amazing.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just curious, what is the temp there during the pictured flight? How much did it affect your battery and other stuff? It's a nice pic and with an impending storm here in the north east I am thinking of doing the same if it will not have adverse effects on my quad. Thanks.

It was a few days after a snow storm on, as you can see, a nice sunny day. It wasn't very cold. Was around 38 degrees with little to no wind. As always I took it up with a fully charged battery and wasn't up long. Didn't notice any fluctuations in voltage that were abnormal. Was an uneventful flight. Sorry I couldn't provide more detail.

I've only had mine since Christmas, so won't fill in the poll, as I feel I haven’t had it long enough!

However; 27 Flights & a total of 3h 21m 39s of flight time (both taken from my Healthydrone logs) and not a single issue.

Really good to see that the general consensus is that the Phantom is a reliable bit of kit!

I had no problems until the last couple of firmware updates. I think if you have it long enough and do regular updates you will experience some type of glitch.

I take risk and enjoy to be a gp as always install the latest to give feedback to others. Fortunately I never had issues with my P3 when it was up in the sky. Spent 5 months of flying with this little lovely toy.

Had issues when it was on the table but was able to resolve before it was up in the sky.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj